How would I go about making a mod entirely for being able to use a texture separate from its original mod and the rest of its content?

AccidentalAwesomeness

I'm trying to make it so I will have the awesome mesh for Salt Upon Wound's helmet from The Legion Will Ryse, but without the rest of the changes the mod makes such as legion armor changes.

I have the location of the mesh in question found but I don't really know what to do with it in the G.E.C.K.

If I get help with this I will gladly post it in the nexus if I get the right permissions.

You don't use the GECK for changing the "texture" associated with a "mesh". To create a "mesh", you use an "mesh editor" like Blender, 3DS Max or similar. To create a "texture" you use a "paint" program like PAINT.NET or GIMP. The mesh contains a link to the texture file it uses. The tool Nifskope lets you manipulate the combination, including things like changing the existing texture file link. For these and other related terms, please see the "Glossary" page on "The Elder Scrolls Texture Guide (TESTG)" site.

What you are talking about doing is called a "conversion". Please see the "Programs and Tools" and "Conversion" sections of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article.

-Dubious-