Win 10/Dx 12 Xcom 1 XEW Esay Texmod Cycle on choose Game Windows

Exaercase

Hello,

I've play with easytexmod to XCOM 1 XEW with no problem on win 7.

But now i'm under Windows 10 and when launch the game cycle on the game select windows. All it's ok first, the Game select appears i select XEW texmod launch load texture and click on run and ......... i retturn to the game select windows. If i clck on XEW again the same again and again.

Despite all i have try to do it work nothing have work.

Someone have be able to do it work ? Or have idea to do it work.

Thx for any help

Best regards ExA

Edited by Exaercase

Just a educated guess, but I've encountered similar with other older games and Win10:

While Win10 comes with DirectX12 installed and is backwards compatible with older DX versions, older games do not know that and are looking for specific versions of DX library files (i.e. d3d9_32.dll) and not finding them. So you need to install the appropriate "DirectX End-User Runtimes" as well: ones which are compatible with Win 8.1+. Note that you need the 32-bit version for 32-bit games. (I make it a practice to always download both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions of any libraries I manually install, so I am covered either way. There is a reason they published a version for both 32-bit and 64-bit. They are not "interchangeable", and are separate installs going into different locations.)

(Games that used DX7 and 8 are murky territory. Many will run on OS's newer than XP, but may require fixes/tweaks. Always use the latest available but compatible "runtime" versions of those DX libraries.)

Some games try to install an older DX version they come bundled with. Those versions may not be compatible with the later versions of Windows, which is why you should manually install the version you know is compatible. Then those games will see that DX version is already installed and not try to install their bundled version causing incompatibility problems.

• For DX9, manually install the DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) which is Win 8.1+ compatible. Download the full runtime package. DO NOT use the "Web Installer" version.
  • When the DX installer asks where to install the files to, you choose any folder you like, but generally have it unpack the files to a folder on the desktop or one dedicated to that purpose anywhere, because this folder can be deleted or emptied after the final install is done. (DirectX does not actually get installed at this point. The files are only 'unpacked' from an archive)
  • Once the files are unpacked to this folder you open the folder and locate DXSETUP.exe (the actual installer).
  • Run this installer (as an Administrator) to finalize the DirectX re-installation.
  • When the installer is finished delete this folder.
  • Each game uses a specific DX file, or files, (e.g. d3dx9_32).
  • A newer game may use two DX files (e.g. d3dx9_42 and d3dx10_42).

See the MS article How to make Win10 run DirectX 9.0 for more details.
It would help others if you would confirm if this solves your problem or not.

-Dubious-