[Mod Request] Don't know if this is possible, but fast travel for hardcore mode with a caveat.

EpkSceOnTcos

I feel like there are two main reasons for disabling fast-travel: firstly to not break immersion, and secondly so that you have to manually navigate the world with anyone telling you where you are.

I think the first is frankly unnecessary, simply because you "break immersion" anyway whenever you eat, get your clothes or armor repaired, put clothes on, wait, go to sleep, etc. It takes time to eat, get repairs done, put clothes on, wait, fall asleep, etc. The reason why nobody really gives a s#*! about these is because the game would just be a bore if all those things took real time. I feel the same way about fast travel.

So all I really care about is having to manually navigate the world without anyone telling you where you are, which I think could be solved by implementing a system which requires you to mark your current location on the map any time you want to fast travel. It still requires you to be able to figure out exactly where you are, but isn't boring. However I don't know if this is even possible to implement. Thanks for reading.

• 2 months later...
I join your request.

It's very boring when you have to ride a horse back and forth many times to do some kind of quest.

It only takes time, a lot of time, that I could spend on other quests.

The world of the game is very beautiful, and it is very nice to ride a horse on it, but not when you need to drive through the same places many times, and for a long time just to ride over the so memorized landscapes.

It is interesting and pleasant to rush along the flower field past the villages for the first few times when you see these places.

And without fast travel, this is no longer an immersion, but simply a boring routine.

Disabling fast travel does not make the game more difficult, it only makes the gameplay more boring and longer.