Download speed cap increase for Supporters and non-Adblockers

Dark0ne

In response to post #64083096. #64083806 is also a reply to the same post.

reptileye wrote: Nice and all, but how about increasing the cap also for modders? without us there is no nexus after all.
Kaebus wrote: There's also no Nexus without funds. I don't think a minimum one-time payment of $4 for supporter status is unreasonable, even for modders.

Mod Authors can actually get supporter or premium with donation points now. So if you don't want to pay money, get saving them points ;)

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just turned off my Adblock (Adblock Fast, which is like, 7 rules of adblocking thingy, then Disconnect, for privacy, then my DuckDuckGo Essentials), and I'm surprised that I still don't see any ads. Just where do you show those ads anyway?

EDIT: If you are a Supporter and still use Adblock, would it limit me to 1MB/s?

Edited by RowanSkie

In response to post #64091766.

Ghostwalker71 wrote: For quite a long time I would log out of my account and browse the nexus while letting the ads flash and jingle all they wanted. This was my effort to add a few more pennies to the pool, But I had to stop due to all the hack ads that were coming through. The last day I let the ads play I had three different ads in a span of about fifteen minutes that tried to lock me out and ransom me. I would very much like to continue letting the ads play when I'm able, but not at the risk of ransomware. I know the nexus has little control over the ad services, but until the hack ads are blocked it's just more risk than I want to deal with.

When was the last time that happened, Ghostwalker? I'm wondering if it was recent or whether we're talking literally years.

Regardless, you're Premium so you're not expected to do any of this!

In response to post #64095256.

RowanSkie wrote: I just turned off my Adblock (Adblock Fast, which is like, 7 rules of adblocking thingy, then Disconnect, for privacy, then my DuckDuckGo Essentials), and I'm surprised that I still don't see any ads. Just where do you show those ads anyway?

EDIT: If you are a Supporter and still use Adblock, would it limit me to 1MB/s?

" Members who are in the Supporter member group OR who consistently do not use Adblockers on Nexus Mods."

Supporters don't see ads anyway. It's basically the whole point of being a supporter.

There was a period where I was forced to use an adblocker for stability reasons; I am glad to say that the stability issues have since been resolved and that I can now browse the Nexus without the use of the blocker. How recent of a period is considered for eligibility in the bonus tier?

The Vortex client displays a banner with information relevant to the previous tiering. Might it be prudent to update this information to reflect these changes?

Sounds good. I have a premium membership off and on, so you won't find me complaining that the minimum speeds of my downloads is gonna double. It is also nice that people watching adds will see a tangible benefit for doing so. :)

In response to post #64083096. #64083806, #64093581 are all replies on the same post.

reptileye wrote: Nice and all, but how about increasing the cap also for modders? without us there is no nexus after all.
Kaebus wrote: There's also no Nexus without funds. I don't think a minimum one-time payment of $4 for supporter status is unreasonable, even for modders.
Pickysaurus wrote: Mod Authors can actually get supporter or premium with donation points now. So if you don't want to pay money, get saving them points ;)

What in the f*#@ is a donation point?

In response to post #64083096. #64083806, #64093581, #64097976 are all replies on the same post.

Pickysaurus wrote: Mod Authors can actually get supporter or premium with donation points now. So if you don't want to pay money, get saving them points ;)
reptileye wrote: What in the f*#@ is a donation point?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nexus+mods+donation+points

Which will lead you to this news post and various other articles about it. We also displayed a BIG orange banner at the top of the site telling you to opt-in your mods which will still be there unless you closed it. It was also brought up in our forums on multiple occasions. Edited by Dark0ne

In response to post #64083096. #64083806, #64093581, #64097976, #64098541 are all replies on the same post.

Dark0ne wrote: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nexus+mods+donation+points

Which will lead you to this news post and various other articles about it. We also displayed a BIG orange banner at the top of the site telling you to opt-in your mods which will still be there unless you closed it. It was also brought up in our forums on multiple occasions.

Sorry but if i have to use google to get answers in this site i prefer to put my money somewhere else. Edited by reptileye

In response to post #64083096. #64083806, #64093581, #64097976, #64098541, #64099466 are all replies on the same post.

Dark0ne wrote: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nexus+mods+donation+points

Which will lead you to this news post and various other articles about it. We also displayed a BIG orange banner at the top of the site telling you to opt-in your mods which will still be there unless you closed it. It was also brought up in our forums on multiple occasions.
reptileye wrote: Sorry but if i have to use google to get answers in this site i prefer to put my money somewhere else.

Ok?

What we're talking about is a system we've setup to donate money to mod authors, so it's really no skin off our back if you ignore all the news posts and banners we've put up to inform you about it. Other mod authors will reap the benefits instead :)