Download speed cap increase for Supporters and non-Adblockers

Dark0ne

In response to post #64447551.

Olliveren4 wrote: after reading this post an not knowing about the 1mb cap on adblock users i have now stoped using adblock here. will my download cap increase now??

It did not for me. The site did not ever recognize that the blocker was off. Turned it off on the first visit, still being punished.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #64183701. #64191081, #64204401, #64206866, #64229911, #64231896, #64309901, #64319131, #64415756 are all replies on the same post.

zgrillo2004 wrote:

Hey. you want to stop us from using adblockers on the site? then how about remove the malware ridden ads from your site. If you cant, then Im keeping mine on. Deal with it.

megapolom wrote: Or... crazy thought right here... you could donate the 2$ and become a supporter and avoid ads altogether.
reptileye wrote: Point taken but that isn't enough.

It's pathetic. People who can pay get the benefit but people who put actual content into the site don't? what a joke.
Forzane wrote: @reptileye you as a mod author CAN get ads removed...use your DP from your wallet and get Premium for 1 month and then after that month is up you go to Supporter ...boom no ads
KZadBhat wrote: Megapolom, you mean reward the site owners for willingly using malicious ads and giving them money to stop wasting our bandwidth and attempting to infect our computers? I don't understand why it's our place to reward bad behavior, even if it is only $2.
VoidPriest wrote: That is indeed a crazy thought mega, to have to pay to not have malware infested ads. There is a reason ad blocker exists to begin with it. Zgrillo has the right of it, Sorry.
lyoko1 wrote: More than stop people using adblockers on the site they are kind of rewarding the people that do not use them or that have the supporter account, if you have adblock you can continue using the site as always, whitout changes, they are not lowering the cap for adblockers, they are increasing the cap for non adblockers and supporters, adblockers can get the same cap they aleardy had.

Technically you can sandbox the web browser that way malwares are contained and would not harm your computer.

Bad ads are not the mistake of site owners, they are the mistake of ad networks, in nexus you can report bad ads you see in the forum and the site owners ask the ad network to remove them.
So they are not willingly using malicious ads, but there is not much they can do about it other than what they do, today malicious ads are very hard to detect from their end, because those ads are very ofuscated and hard to detect, and nexus is not google or some big company to have their own ad network and a very powerful algorithm to detect malicious ads.
hendersonca wrote: > Or... crazy thought right here... you could donate the 2$ and become a supporter and avoid ads altogether.

Nice try. Not going to 'support' that attitude.
dungeons0 wrote: Its 2 dollars - what the hell is wrong with you? I wipe my behind with more than that.

The site can't figure out that I don't use an adblocker here so I don't have much confidence in their supporter system working properly either.

In response to post #64222811. #64223906, #64234061, #64254026, #64271071, #64275231, #64281666, #64281796, #64299476, #64302036, #64323581 are all replies on the same post.

theiillustriousfrogdog wrote: hey im gonna find a way around the adblock thing because i don't like malware from your shitty ads, peace my dude. get a patreon.
EmmaTherMermaid wrote: ya the problems with these ads are freaking ridiculous
Dark0ne wrote: We have Supporter membership, which costs $2, or Premium Membership, which costs $4.50. Either of which give you ad free for life.
lightswornknight wrote: Just pay the 2$ donation and be a supporter with no ads for life. You support them and they support you with no ads.
BlueGunk wrote: I've found my Premium Membership excellent value. I like to support this site and its managers and modders, they've given me a great amount of enjoyment over the years. It's not a lot, and it's good to know I'm helping out.
And with the new Supporter level you've got faster downloads for less cash.
Get yourself a membership!
Brennan wrote: Membership or not, my adblocker stays, and I don't whitelist any sites ads. If it was just a matter of paying for an increase in download speed, that would be fine, but trying to force me to pay to get rid of bandwidth hogging, malware laced adverts is a good way of ensuring I don't support you financially. Why would I pay you to stop bothering me with ads when I can just block them?
BuffyKillsVampires wrote: +1 Brennan's comment
F33RK1LL5 wrote: +2 BlueGunk's comment.
JohnnyXD23 wrote: If you can afford to buy a lot of games buying Supporter is no different.
anthonyjohnadlington wrote: +3 Brennan's comment.

+3 BlueGunk's comment.
gamingmaster wrote: Ads are fine they don't bother anything on my computer. I recently unblocked them and i haven't gotten any for the past weeks. If they take them off they don't get paid as much, if they stop making you pay same thing. The ads and memberships are what keep nexus here, they deserve a lot more than what there getting now in my opinion. Edit: Brennan your comment is a paradox it makes no sense how you said if it were just for bandwidth then fine, but it is also for ads which isn't fine. You just said you would buy it with the bandwidth but sense it takes away ads your not getting it. The purpose is to get rid of the ads so technically by that statement you would be happier with the deal sense it takes away ads and gives you bandwidth. They don't force you by the way you can still download just fine, and now they give you 2mb with no ad blocker which i'm finding fine. I can't figure out why you guys and gals are having problem with malware, I have no problems at all and i scan all the time for viruses.

A membership isn't really for life if you lock us out of the account after a few months idle

In response to post #64539111.

Sohei2 wrote: I have had my adblocker disabled for this site forever but the site never figured it out. I still get the nag messages to turn off the blocker instead of ads. Vefrified multiple times that it is off and the site is white listed. Perhaps the site admin should fix the site to recognize this properly and serve ads again rather than punish us for cooperating as requested.

If you're still seeing the "nag message" and not seeing actual ads, then something on your system is still blocking our ads from working. Those nag messages are only shown if the ads are being blocked. So it's definitely something on your end.

In response to post #64543071.

Darkernard wrote: I have disabled my AdBlock on this site, I see every single ad, but my download speed is still capped at 1MB/s. It doesn't bother me seeing your ads, but having a 1MB/s download speed, while I should go up to 2MB/s really does. Please fix this.

Same here. I see all the banner ads, and the videos that plays on every page, but I still only get 1mb/s max download speeds.

Edit: For extra info, My uBlock has been off since October 4th. Edited by spitefuldemon

In response to post #64348461. #64378511, #64494761, #64496681 are all replies on the same post.

thamythic wrote:

Want to buy life time premium and heave the money on my paypal ,but i cant buy it because for some reason you need a credit card???? thats just stupid!!!
i can buy a shitload off stuff from ebay without a credit card but i cant buy a premium from you!

Dark0ne wrote: You can pay with Pay Pal. Just select it in the payment method drop-down menu.
thamythic wrote: i did that and everytime i get asked for creditcard numbers to proceed with the payment in paypal
lyoko1 wrote: Can't you just use a debit card?
Maybe sience the premium is a subscription type thing, paypal request your card to charge in case you can't pay whit the funds you have on paypal, all being said this is only a hypothesis.
have you tried purchasing the life time premium or the supporter rank? maybe sience those are not subscription based paypal don't ask you the card?

i am trying to buy a lifetime premium!

Not sure if this is the correct thread, but I've bought a month premium, then I've started downloading new california mod but it's downloading at ~400 Kbits/s (my max speed is 8.7 MBytes/sec or 69Mbits/s, according to steam). What can I do to fix this, if it's fixable?

edit: after a few minutes, downloading other mods, the cap raised to 1.7/1.8 MBytes/s, now I'll restart new california.

Okay the new Vortex manager's purpose is obvious. Limiting downloads to 1mb unless you pay for the "Premium" Version .. that's absolute s*** .. All this is going to do, is make people do more manual downloads and install from files. Which is exactly what I'm doing. Some of these mods are nearly a gig at 1mb it's going to take forever. So Nexus can try and take the piss out of my argument any way they want. It's a money grab plain and simple.

Edited by DarthAndrea2814

Okay the new Vortex manager's purpose is obvious. Limiting downloads to 1mb unless you pay for the "Premium" Version .. that's absolute s*** .. All this is going to do, is make people do more manual downloads and install from files. Which is exactly what I'm doing. Some of these mods are nearly a gig at 1mb it's going to take forever. So Nexus can try and take the piss out of my argument any way they want. It's a money grab plain and simple.

I've been a supporter for at least a year, and my download speeds manually and thru Vortex are running about 175kb on a 80MB line.

I'm not sure how long you've been with Nexus, but I've been here for nearly 8 years, and downloaded TONS of mods... how difficult would it be to add Nexusmods.com to the whitelist in adblock? Not to mention that they've been here for modders and content creators for how long? If all they're asking you to do is whitelist them in your adblocker(s) because they need help; it's the least you could do.

Because of the Nexus I've been able to enjoy 4,642 hours playing Skyrim... JUST Skyrim. That's not even counting Fallout 3, NV, and FO4.

And premium membership is $2.99 a month for those who can't drop a larger sum. Just sayin'.