Download speed cap increase for Supporters and non-Adblockers

Dark0ne

For supporters saying that Vortex is still at 1MB, be sure to look at your actual graph. I'm getting 2MB on the graph, but the pitch still says that "Nexus downloads are capped at 1 MB/s". I was confused for a moment as well. ;)

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #65494046.

54yeggan wrote: Thanks a bunch. But no offense intended, but the majority of reasons I run an adblocker is because of malicious ads that often pop-up and redirect you to sites where you don't want to go, and don't allow you to go back.

For example: Those pesky 'Your PC has a virus call 1-800-555-5555 or your harddrive will be deleted in 10 seconds!' pop ups. I've seen them happen before on 'reputable' sites as well, and it sucks when it happens and you're just trying to do something important. Anyways, thanks Nexus Mods!

I've never got any of those from Nexus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I'm still getting messages about being "capped" at 1 mbps, even tho I purchased "supporter" tier some time ago. I am mostly stuck using slower networks that don't get up to 1 mbps anyway so I haven't been able to test what my actual max speed is.

But I would like to suggest updating the messages for the supporter members that pop up when downloading, so that supporter members at least can see acknowledgment of their level, instead of sitting there looking at the defunct cap message thinking "but I bought the thing...is it not working or what?". Y'know what I mean?

• 2 months later...
In response to post #65494046. #66327906 is also a reply to the same post.

54yeggan wrote: Thanks a bunch. But no offense intended, but the majority of reasons I run an adblocker is because of malicious ads that often pop-up and redirect you to sites where you don't want to go, and don't allow you to go back.

For example: Those pesky 'Your PC has a virus call 1-800-555-5555 or your harddrive will be deleted in 10 seconds!' pop ups. I've seen them happen before on 'reputable' sites as well, and it sucks when it happens and you're just trying to do something important. Anyways, thanks Nexus Mods!
NeoThomasCraft wrote: I've never got any of those from Nexus

I've gotten those ads they always find their ways in through thats the issue with ads.

• 3 months later...

i have stopped using adblock on nexusmods as soon as i heard of this. it took a while, but it finally gave me the 2mb cap which lasted for a while. recently tho, i found my downloads recapped at 1mb, "coincidentally" around the same time your ads have become more annoying (the video ad in bottom right corner). it sounds fishy and i hate fishy. i might just reenable my ablock...