Download speed cap increase for Supporters and non-Adblockers

Dark0ne

In response to post #81916453.

kragghc wrote: I was so close to buying the $50 Lifetime plan, but then they snuck in a $12.50 tax right before I had to type in my credit card details...
Lying about being charged for the network speed is one thing, but saying something is $50, and then trying to sneak in another $12.50 is absurd.

I'll just stick to my 2mb/s download cap, download some mods, then most likely never use this "service" again.

Lying about being charged for the network speed is one thing

Lying about what, exactly?

but saying something is $50, and then trying to sneak in another $12.50 is absurd.

First of all, all prices on the site are in GBP, denoted by the pound (£) symbol.

Second of all, whether you went through the upgrade process on the Nexus Mods site or through the forums, both systems inform you of our need to charge tax depending on your location. The text on both systems says:

Please be aware we are obligated by law to charge VAT to EU citizens based on your local tax rate. If you are an EU resident the total price at the end of the checkout process will be shown inclusive of tax. We cannot show you how much the package will be inclusive of tax (for obvious reasons) until you let us know what country you're from during step 2 of the purchasing process. We apologise that this isn't particularly clear.

We have not lied, you simply haven't bothered to read. Edited by Dark0ne

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #78970558. #79423548, #79594153, #79617493, #79628708 are all replies on the same post.

bigleague wrote: To all of THOSE PEOPLE, which think they are being ripped off somehow due to speeds being variable, it's called a business model. Those that are complaining are the types of people that hold their hands out and think everyone should put something in it for them doing nothing to earn anything. Do you like being able to find the mods that you are looking for? Do you use mods? If you are reading this the answer is YES! Stop waiting for handouts in life and do something to earn what you get. Nexusmods is earning their keep so get off their case or find somewhere else to get your mods! It's really that simple people.
NekoMeow29 wrote: But 1mbps is just sad. The time it took me to download a mere 1GB file with that 1mbps, I've already downloaded 20+ games 40-50GB with my 1GBps LAN
XxElite2015xX wrote: If they want to make money, then they should not have made it a free service. However, since they intended this website to be a free service, forcing premium ads down your throat is just obnoxious and pathetic. By making it a free service, they are *not entitled* to our money, it's like that twitch streamer who went on a rant about her viewers not donating or subscribing. We are not entitled either to have this for free, but they are giving the service for free, so we have the right to use it. So by making it a free service, they are not entitled to our money and should not try force us to give them our money.
aleaallee wrote: Stfu, it's 2020 and they are limiting the download speed for free users to 2 f*#@ING MEGABYTES PER SECOND, 10 years ago that would be a nice speed but nowadays almost everyone has a insanely larger internet connections. I have a 600mbps internet connection, I shouldn't have to download a mod at 2Mb/s. I think it should be increased to 5Mb/s. I can't even work to pay the premium because of this stupid quarantine.
pancake4me2 wrote: if u can afford 1gbps lan u can afford the 2.99 premium download speed for a month.

Wonder how that made sense in this person's mind... "I have a strong internet connection therefore you must offer me free unlimited download speed".

• 1 month later...
I have a question. What does uncapped as premium user mean? I consistenly get 2,5/3MB/s. That sounds more like supporter or non ad-block user. Because that isn't really much of an upgrade imo. Or am i missing something? Edited by gluemchen

I have a question. What does uncapped as premium user mean? I consistenly get 2,5/3MB/s. That sounds more like supporter or non ad-block user. Because that isn't really much of an upgrade imo. Or am i missing something?

What's your bandwidth max download speed?