Are you having constant exterior CTDs? I've FINALLY found your sol

yafi

Note on cleaning registry - just before running the registry cleaner of your choice - reboot then run the cleaner. Then reboot again before adding anything else to the computer. The first reboot allows files to be flagged as orphans - meaning they don't belong to any program and will be removed by just about any cleaner. The second reboot allows Windows to do some registry housekeeping - keeping things clean. :thumbsup:

As far as cleaning the registry is concerned, Bethesda is one of the very few companies that leaves a bunch of trash behind when you uninstall - Registry cleaning is very rarely needed for any other programs. :rolleyes:

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I could use little help if you have moment.

my CTDs started after 1.6 (thanks bethesda, really appreciate your patches!). It seems to occur when entering some new locations outdoors. Plus, sometimes I go indoors there are no textures and I just start dropping.

Last record in LOG file after long loop of exact entry says:

[aaNSRQuest (13002851)].aansrquestscript.FXcameraAttachFunc() - "aaNSRQuestScript.psc" Line 155

[aaNSRQuest (13002851)].aansrquestscript.OnUpdate() - "aaNSRQuestScript.psc" Line 185

[06/19/2012 - 03:06:07AM] VM is freezing...

[06/19/2012 - 03:06:07AM] VM is frozen

[06/19/2012 - 03:06:07AM] Log closed

I also dropped entire log here: http://pastebin.com/TTFAk2Gi

What does it mean, what can cause the problem?

EDIT:

It happens both in old saves and entire new game.

You're having similar crashes to the guy a couple of posts back, involving dragons. Do you mind posting a list of your mods, are you using Deadly Dragons and Monster Mod? And are you using the lore-friendly replacer and Additional Items addons for Skyrim Monster Mod? Your crashes are definitely mod-related as the game is trying to call scripts from a mod in your load order, and like the guy from before, the game is trying to call upon something that no longer exists. So with this in mind, I take it you have also uninstalled mods in the past involving the same savegame and didn't do clean save correct, or the scripts in that mod corrupted since that's what can happen with the game engine, but I truly cannot say until I have the list of your mods in the order they are loaded from.

Hello! thanks to give some hope! haha!

I looked at the log and... cant say i figure it out. Seem to be related to companion, but i don't see anything related to companion in my mod list =/ (Or is that talking about the 1st guy talking to you at the beginning??)

Care to give it a look?

....can't figure out how to make those ''spoiler'' hidden text... sorry.

stack:

[C00 (0004B2D9)].companionshousekeepingscript.CycleRadiantQuests() - "CompanionsHousekeepingScript.psc" Line 701

[C00 (0004B2D9)].companionshousekeepingscript.SetUpCompanions() - "CompanionsHousekeepingScript.psc" Line 334

[C00 (0004B2D9)].QF_C00_0004B2D9.Fragment_0() - "QF_C00_0004B2D9.psc" Line 346

[06/19/2012 - 01:13:41AM] error: Cannot call Premature() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

[C00 (0004B2D9)].companionshousekeepingscript.CycleRadiantQuests() - "CompanionsHousekeepingScript.psc" Line 709

[C00

and thats it for the last lines of the log.

It CTD without notice there...don't even have a ''log close'' entry =P

my mod list being:

−Script Extender And Script Extender Plugins

• SKSE Version: 0.1.5.9
  • SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.dll Version: 1.13.2.0

−Recognised And Re-ordered Plugins

• Skyrim.esm Active
  • Update.esm Active
  • CLARALUX - More and Brighter Lights.esm Active
  • SkyMoMod.esm Active
  • JSwords.esm Active
  • ApachiiHair.esm Active
  • SoS - The Dungeons.esp Active
  • SoS - The Wilds.esp Active
  • Improved Combat Sounds v2.0.esp Active
  • 83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}

[*]Crimson Tide - Blood.esp Active[*]Perfect Legionnaire 3.0.esp Active[*]SkyMoMod_lists.esp

[*]Cloaks.esp Active

• Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev}}
    • Note: Use only one cloaks*esp

[*]daedric_phelm.esp Active[*]DeadlyDragons.esp Active

[*]DynamicMerchants.esp Active[*]SkyRe_Main.esp Active

• Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev, Delev}}
    • Note: Make sure to get the Vampire HotFix. Optional Wot3E Resource Pack

[*]SkyRe_Races.esp Active[*]SkyRe_Combat.esp Active[*]SkyRe_Plugin_DragonBoneWeaponsComplete_1.03.esp Active[*]SkyRe_Enemies.esp Active[*]SkyRe_StandingStones.esp Active[*]SkyRe_Plugin_BaratheonArmor_1.esp Active[*]SkyRe_Plugin_BetterBows_1.4.1.esp Active[*]SkyRe_Plugin_JaySuSSwords_1.3D.esp Active

• Note: Remember to delete JSwords*.esp

[*]SkyRe_Plugin_NicoroshiCreations_1.1.esp Active[*]SkyRe_Vampirism.esp Active[*]WATER.esp Active[*]Bashed Patch, 0.esp Active

Crossing fingers for some light!

P.S: By the way....anyone wanna share their *working* mod list? I looked around but dident find anything including those (SkyRe/Monster Mod/ Deadly Dragon)...But even without those...a working list would be great!

Edited by PalishaAlendar

I tried to activate log, what I get was:

[06/19/2012 - 03:02:23PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)

[06/19/2012 - 03:02:23PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 2000.000000ms)

[06/19/2012 - 03:02:23PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)

[06/19/2012 - 03:02:34PM] Cannot open store for class "QF__010160D5", missing file?

[06/19/2012 - 03:02:34PM] error: Unable to bind script QF__010160D5 to WE04v3 (130160D5) because their base types do not match

[06/19/2012 - 03:02:34PM] Cannot open store for class "QF__010160D4", missing file?

[06/19/2012 - 03:02:34PM] error: Unable to bind script QF__010160D4 to WE04v2 (130160D4) because their base types do not match

I have no idea what that's mean :wallbash:

@yafi

Yes I have both Monster Mod and Deadly Dragons, also Dragon Lords. After you pointed them I deactivated and reactivated them in order:

Monster Mod

Deadly Dragons

+Armory

Dragon Lords

i also deactivated 2 'Mark and Recall' mods that spammed my previous logs.

And it seems it fixed the problem, so far no problems and old saves are working again. Thank you, you have my kudos.

Hello! thanks to give some hope! haha!

I looked at the log and... cant say i figure it out. Seem to be related to companion, but i don't see anything related to companion in my mod list =/ (Or is that talking about the 1st guy talking to you at the beginning??)

Care to give it a look?

....can't figure out how to make those ''spoiler'' hidden text... sorry.

stack:

[C00 (0004B2D9)].companionshousekeepingscript.CycleRadiantQuests() - "CompanionsHousekeepingScript.psc" Line 701

[C00 (0004B2D9)].companionshousekeepingscript.SetUpCompanions() - "CompanionsHousekeepingScript.psc" Line 334

[C00 (0004B2D9)].QF_C00_0004B2D9.Fragment_0() - "QF_C00_0004B2D9.psc" Line 346

[06/19/2012 - 01:13:41AM] error: Cannot call Premature() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

[C00 (0004B2D9)].companionshousekeepingscript.CycleRadiantQuests() - "CompanionsHousekeepingScript.psc" Line 709

[C00

1.6 patch is known to break The Companions storyline. If you're not using patch 1.6 then perhaps it's custom race and/or werewolf related, have you removed or correctly installed any mods related to either of these?

I'll share my working mod list in my first post, it's 100% CTD free as far as my 20+ new playthrough is.

I tried to activate log, what I get was:

[06/19/2012 - 03:02:23PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)

[06/19/2012 - 03:02:23PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 2000.000000ms)

[06/19/2012 - 03:02:23PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)

[06/19/2012 - 03:02:34PM] Cannot open store for class "QF__010160D5", missing file?

[06/19/2012 - 03:02:34PM] error: Unable to bind script QF__010160D5 to WE04v3 (130160D5) because their base types do not match

[06/19/2012 - 03:02:34PM] Cannot open store for class "QF__010160D4", missing file?

[06/19/2012 - 03:02:34PM] error: Unable to bind script QF__010160D4 to WE04v2 (130160D4) because their base types do not match

I have no idea what that's mean :wallbash:

Do you have Update.esm enabled correctly and is Update.bsa in the Data directory?

Here's my mod load order with NMM, 100% CTD-free!

Edited by yafi

Interesting... clean reinstall of the game, no mods, only Bethesda's HD pack and the game crashes with the lvlpredatorscript error.

removed the HD pack and the game seems to run properly (on a new game of course)

On second thought, it's not working very good... after the 1.6 patch my game is very unstable on high texture settings, can't play 10 minutes without crashing. On medium textures the game runs pretty good, a lot less crashes.

I guess I'm playing with medium textures at least until the next patch is released :/

Just a reminder to let everyone know that having errors in your log file is normal! Even vanilla skyrim produces errors. The log file only traces scripts. In a lot of cases your CTDs and freezes will not be directly related to scripts.

Only post your log file if you keep getting the same error message before the CTD or freeze. This means having about 4 consecutive logs files with the same script error at the end before you can be sure its the script.

Yafi has done a wonderful job and traced a common script error crash. So far these are the only ones that are known. Other script errors you are getting probably have nothing to do with your problems. So please dont post your log unless you are 100% sure it is the same error each time!

Thank you.

@CrazyShadowDami

That is normal if you are using windows notepad to open the log. If you use a program such as Notepad++, everything is much neater and easier to read.

Edited by MadWizard25

Just a reminder to let everyone know that having errors in your log file is normal! Even vanilla skyrim produces errors. The log file only traces scripts. In a lot of cases your CTDs and freezes will not be directly related to scripts.

Yep, which is why it's conveniant that people only copy and paste the last few lines, so it defines what was causing the CTD.