Auto Scrapper / Scrap 'n Go

Ckiimyir

EDIT 21:55: Attention everyone, post #4 of this thread has got what this thread requested. Big shout out to SKK50, check his mods out if you're looking for some great utility. Have a good one lads, cheers

-----

TL; DR: ''Use the MCM menu to toggle which junk items to scrap into its core components as soon as you pick them up''

So I've been using this wonderful on-the-go junk scrapping mod called ''Portable Junk Recycler'' for as long as I can remember. Pretty happy with it, but it gets tiresome after a while using the gadget to manually scrap the same items time and time again. I would just brute force scrap everything and be done with it if it weren't for the fact that scrapping certain junk actually weighs you down more. For example, bags of cement weigh 8 pounds, however when scrapped you get 5 units of concrete which weigh 3 pounds each, meaning that you can't scrap everything indiscriminately but carefully look at every item's components to determine if scrapping it will save you precious carry weight or do the complete opposite.

The mod that came closest to what I'm looking for is ''Workshop Ownership and Attacks by SKK'' however the problem is that it auto-scraps EVERYTHING which again inadvertently goes against its intended purpose sometimes: saving up space.

(PS: I still love both mods tho)

So what I wanted to request was a mod that yes autoscraps junk items but only those which the players has toggled/marked. I was thinking of allowing that to be done either through a holotape or better an MCM menu and that it would look something like this:

-----

SCRAP 'N GO (X MARKS ITEMS MARKED FOR AUTOMATIC SCRAPPING)

[x] Abraxo cleaner

[x] Abraxo cleaner industrial grade

[ ] Bag of cement

[x] Bag of fertilizer

[x] Desk fan

[ ] Pre-war money

etc.

-----

All junk items are not toggled by default, it's up to the player to toggle items which will then be automatically scrapped from then on until they're untoggled

That is all, have a good one!

Edited by Ckiimyir

Good morning, or whatever time it is where you live. I found this the other day. It's called Auto Loot, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27719 , This is not lore friendly, but matches your request. It is highly configurable, you can have it pick one type of item, or have it grab everything. You don't need to grab things yourself, that's the Auto Loot part. The big draw is you can have everything sent directly to the settlement of your choice. I used the search term auto loo without the t and it returned several other mods you might want to look at. Two other things, you can adjust the radius of the looting from very close to a pretty wide area, and you can turn it on and off with the pip-boy in-game. Happy gaming.

Good morning, or whatever time it is where you live. I found this the other day. It's called Auto Loot, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27719 , This is not lore friendly, but matches your request. It is highly configurable, you can have it pick one type of item, or have it grab everything. You don't need to grab things yourself, that's the Auto Loot part. The big draw is you can have everything sent directly to the settlement of your choice. I used the search term auto loo without the t and it returned several other mods you might want to look at. Two other things, you can adjust the radius of the looting from very close to a pretty wide area, and you can turn it on and off with the pip-boy in-game. Happy gaming.

Sorry but this doesn't do what I'm looking for, however thank you for the suggestion nonetheless mate

The item scrap lists used by Workshop Ownership and Attacks or its big brother SKK Scrapper are easy to customise for your exclusive requirements using the handy article SKK Scrapper editing list items

Huh, that sounds just like what I want! I'll have to learn how to use F4Edit for it but I've heard it's not that hard. Thank you once again SKK, if I manage to get this to work it'll save me lots of tedious inventory management

17b.png You are good modder

Edited by Ckiimyir

The item scrap lists used by Workshop Ownership and Attacks or its big brother SKK Scrapper are easy to customise for your exclusive requirements using the handy article SKK Scrapper editing list items

Yo yo, sorry to bother you again but I'm fiddling with the CK now and, correct me if I'm wrong, but if I delete an item from the list, that item will not be scrapped right? I'm pretty sure that's how it works but I'm asking nonetheless to avoid risking f***ing it up

Edit: Actually you know what forget it, I'm CERTAIN that's how it works, disregard this

Edited by Ckiimyir