In need of help learning to import custom weapon meshes into skyrim sse

I'm certainly not an expert. But as far as I know, there's currently no direct way of importing custom weapon meshes into Skyrim SE. Not sure about 3DS MAx (I don't have it), but with other tools like Blender, there's no working export plugin.

You can try to export your weapons in obj format and convert them with Outfit Studio. Not sure though if converting with Outfit Studio works for weapons.

What I did (and what works) is creating custom weapons on an "Oldrim" basis. Then I "ported" that weapon mod like any other "Oldrim" mod.

Meshes should be converted with "NIF Optimizer": https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4089

Textures can be used "as is"

For most .esp files opening them in the SE Creation Kit and res-saving them is all you need to do.

So I actually think i figured it out, in outfit studio by right clicking the mesh and going to properties if you deselect skinned, its removes the unnecessary bones etc. and keeps the bstrishape. If this works as I think it does. I might have solved my own problem and will likely post a tutorial for modders in the future. heres hoping for tes 6 bethesda drops the archaic nif file format as not modern 3d software seems to support it. collada./dae seems to be the most common now.