Sky texture glitches (NAC)

KatarEighty8

I've been experimenting with weather mods and have run into an issue with my sky textures showing up as splotchy and erratic. Some textures look okay, other areas of the sky are blurry and in other areas the cloud textures are stretched or haphazardly arranged.

I was using Vivid Weathers but eventually switched over to NAC. I thought NAC had been working fine for a while but have noticed that the sky textures have become pretty janky.

As I understand this is due to a conflict between the two weather mods and assumed it was happening because I changed mods midway through a playthrough. The problem is that the issue continues to persist on new games even after I've uninstalled Vivid weathers (and purged it's lingering texture files), and deleted and reinstalled NAC.

I seem to recall another post with this same issue but haven't been able to find it.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I suppose I need to restore the vanilla sky textures, then reinstall NAC again maybe? screenshots of the ugly sky below.

I'm fairly certain this is a weather mod issue but my mod list can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AR_Eau_COV-A3Cxgqkn_CHQA-vsCnTkW8kwD64GRHNc/edit?usp=sharing

Screen_Shot23.png

Screen_Shot42.png

Screen_Shot41.png

• 2 months later...

Managed to solve it. For anyone else in future having this problem, just make sure you navigate into:

Fallout 4/Data/Meshes > Delete sky folder

Fallout 4/Data/textures > Delete sky folder

Since any loose files in your data folder have priority, and NAC uses a BA2 archive, the loose files override NAC's, making the sky look messed up because the wrong things are being loaded.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...