Issues Binding Pipboy Light Brightness to Perk

Hello,

I am currently working on a mod to change the In Broad Daylight perk to the below effect.

In Broad Daylight - Pipboy light radius is increased by x4. Sneak buff still applies (value increased from +15 sneak to +60 sneak while light is enabled). Reduced Level requirement to 22.

I have had no issues modifying the perk's sneak buff to account for the new radius or changing the level requirement as those are very easy to modify. I am having an issue binding the light's radius (the magnitude of the PipBoyLIght spell) to the perk. Increasing the radius is easy, just set the magnitude to 60 on a new spell. The problem is binding the action of turning on the light (holding the pipboy key) to check for the perk. I am not sure where this is controlled in the GECK. I considered writing a new script to control the light,but I am not sure how to determine what the player's action mapping for the pipboy is to figure out if the light should be turned on. If I were to write a new script I would need to still know how to disable the default piplight. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

I'd initially consider using an "EventHandler" and your own script with your own version of the Perk (as a replacement) rather than altering the vanilla process. That way you don't have to worry about issues of restoring the vanilla functions code if the user decides to uninstall your mod.

Please see 'TIP: Don't overlook EventHandlers' and 'Tip: EventHandler-HotKey' in the 'Scripting' section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article.

Did find a reference by someone else attempting similar regarding the "Pipboy script light". You might also want to read the comments for, and examine the code of, the mod "Dynamic Pipboy Light" for clues.

-Dubious-