DA:O Mod - Spawn an ally NPC in Archdemon Fight

Pyroblasta

I know this is doable, but I do not know what I am doing wrong.

I want to make a mod that allows me to spawn Keeper Lanaya to join the final battle against the Archdemon when Zathrian is either sacrificed or killed during NTB events.

modded files

clipt_generic_actions.plo

clipt_generic_actions.nss

cli_functions_h.nss

cli_constants_h.nss

Created Cli220Lanaya.utc

Cli220Lanaya.utc

I duplicated Lanaya from NTB and upgraded her gear to fit the final battle. I added cli000cr_army_member to her script.

I added her unique identifier tag to cli_constants_h.nss

I added a main flag to .plo file and used it for cli_functions_h.nss then compiled clipt_generic_actions.nss but when I get to the final battle at Fort Draken every other NPC spawns except Lanaya.

If anyone out there is able to please help me with these scripts?

Edited by Pyroblasta

Did you try the 'conventional' method of spawning an NPC to an existing map (PRCSCR)? For adding anything other than adding a new NPC merchant, that's how I'd approach it.

PRCSCR Script Templates

Insert content into an existing area

I don't have the wiki page on M2DAs bookmarked, but it should be easy to find.

Edited by theskymoves

You're the bomb!

I followed your suggestion and created the PRCSCR scripts and 2DA

I just took it for a run

and here's what happened...

Lanaya now spawns which is good.

Update

I fixed the condition where Lanaya will still spawn when there are werewolves. Now Lanaya will spawn only if Zathrian is either sacrificed or killed.

Update

The issue I still got is for Lanaya to follow the cli000cr_army_member script. Whenever the enemy is out of range instead follow the leader, she runs back to her original spawn location.
CreateObject(
OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE,
R"cli220lanaya.utc",
Location(oMap, lLocation, -90.0f),
sScript, <-- Issue lies right here
TRUE

sScript is supposed to be a string. That what the parameters allow. I keep getting syntax errors and I don't know how to properly turn that script to string.

Edited by Pyroblasta

Yay! I'm glad that the suggestion was helpful!

Hopefully someone more versed in scripting will be along to weigh in on the follow issue... I'm inept at DAO scripting, if it's anything more complex than establishing conditionals for spawning something in game.

Success! No syntax error that last bit allowed the compiling to work.

Thanks for the contribution.

Heres what happened

Lanaya follows when there are enemies but she gets 1 hit killed by even Genlocks...??

Mind boggling to try gettin to the root of the issue. I have a feeling that cli000cr_army_member.ncs script might not be the only thing that is controlling the AIs to behave like the other spawned allies or army members you can summon.

Update

Spend last couple hours looking into this and editing even Cli220cr_Archdemon script to add spawn allies

I'm running into dead ends...

For now, I am not in the mood to go through all that trouble.

Edited by Pyroblasta

• 3 weeks later...

she may not have an autolevelup table. so she's probably just a little ol' nothing. you could try creating a duplicate of her (to avoid having to make edits of core resources) and give the duplicate an autolevelup table or you could just set her immortal in your script.

Somehow I figure all that scripting is not so straightforward.

If I duplicate Lanaya and use that cli000cr_army_member script then Lanaya gets 1 hit killed by any enemy including genlocks.

Even with the autolevelup added into the scripts she still gets killed in 1 hit, my guess? the HP had never changed who knows...? I could also be doing this autolevelup wrong.

If I set the duplicate Lanaya to immortal while using the cli000cr_army_member script then she stands still like a training dummy taking hits from all kinds of enemies.

Lanaya the Training Dummy is good for a few laughs, but definitely not the end result I'm looking for.

So far due to my limited knowledge in this scripting, I decided to go about the sloppy approach default to the creature_core script.

That is my best "autolevelup", due to my limited knowledge...

The issue with this one is when enemy is out of range Lanaya just goes back to her original spawn location.

My best work around? As the battle progresses the Archdemon will jump around the map. My best follow the leader approach is warping her to waypoints close to the Archdemon... Not the most perfect one, but at least this version of Lanaya can still put up a decent fight before going down.

Unless someone can really know how to help figure the right scripting. Or someone is a programmer who really know how to get this AI to properly follow scripts exactly like the Climax Army.

Edited by Pyroblasta

Stupid question: have you double-checked that your endgame Lanaya's UTC is exporting with a commensurate rank, equivalent to that of other Fort Drakon friendlies? (Probably Lieutenant?)