For a basic idea of my original problem, you might be able to learn something from this post that I made, however the information in that post is likely not relevant to this post, because I have since started a new game.

A few months ago, I had started up a new game of Skyrim after being away from it for a while, figured I might as well try a new game because, in my time away from the game, I had thought of a few other mods to install next time I played. These included new races (the Fennec and Lykaios races), as well as some smaller mods like Better Claws and Gauntlets and Convenient Carriages. Long story short, I installed all of those, and uninstalled a handful of mods (Verdant, Osmodius texture replacer) and next thing I know, my game crashes every time I try to enter Breezehome. I first noticed the problem because it was the first time I had bought Breezehome on that playthrough. I was playing as a Fennec character, so I guessed that might have had something to do with it. Changed race, no dice. Tried uninstalling each and every new mod one by one, no dice. Tried reinstalling both Osmodius and Verdant, no dice. Checked through Steam to make sure all files were intact, no dice. Even did a bit of manual searching through files and updating my load order using LOOT, no dice.

In the post linked above, gromulos had mentioned using Wrye Bash to make a patch and all of that jazz; I read through the instructions in both the guide he provided a link to AND Wrye Bash, and immediately found that, since Skyrim SE is installed in my Program Files folder, Wrye Bash would probably be useless to me. My main reason for simply giving up on that idea wasn't so much being lazy, but because there was a time (months ago) that I played Skyrim SE with almost exactly the same mods I play with today, and never had any sort of issues, short of something caused by load order. If this CTD is being caused by a mod conflict, I'm pretty sure I would have figured it out by now. The only mod I use that edits Breezehome was one that I installed before starting a new game, so this time around my game should be running with everything in place.

I really don't understand why I'm having such a problem with this. Every other issue I've ever had with this kind of thing usually simply came from a mod that wasn't updated, or wasn't in the proper position in my load order. I've checked everything I possibly can, done as much research as possible without spending hours in front of my computer, and tested about every idea myself and my Skyrim-loving friends have proposed, and nothing has worked. I am not sure if a similar crash happens in any of the other player homes (I haven't had the time to make it that far into the game yet), but since Breezehome is the one I prefer to stay in, this is a pretty severe issue for me. For the most part, I can get along fine without a home, but it's a huge pain in the butt to haul all of my junk around or shove it into the inventories of my companions.

My present load order will be posted in a comment below. And as an FYI, I have not uninstalled, installed, or reinstalled any mods since starting this new playthrough. I uninstalled both race mods (Fennec and Lykaios) because I figured they might be a possible source of the problem before starting this new game, so there shouldn't be any problems with that kind of stuff now. I am playing as a Khajiit, and every other facet of the game functions perfectly fine. Hopefully I can get some help this time, because I don't think Wrye Bash will be of much aid to me.

Present load order (using Nexus Mod Manager):

GameMode=SkyrimSE
Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp=1
campfire.esm=1
Cutting Room Floor.esp=1
SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp=1
static mesh improvement mod se.esp=1
moonlight tales special edition.esp=1
yot - your own thoughts.esp=1
violens se.esp=1
rich merchants of skyrim.esp=1
SimpleOutfitManager.esp=1
diversedragonscollectionse.esp=1
cheesemod.esp=1
SkyrimRecycling.esp=1
SkyHUD.esp=1
icepenguinworldmap.esp=1
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp=1
ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp=1
fast_beast_perks.esp=0
incubex delwraith's cooking and alchemy mod.esp=1
BreezehomeByLupus.esp=1
ineed.esp=1
ineed - extended.esp=1
phenderix magic world.esp=1
Original Opening Scene.esp=1
lamposts of skyrim.esp=1
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
realistic_impacts.esp=1
point the way.esp=1
frostfall.esp=1
yot - campfire.esp=0
yot - frostfall module.esp=1
Immersive Weapons.esp=1
get_no_dead_followers_sepc_sp0ckrates.esp=0
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp=1
ForgottenCity.esp=1
prometheus_beastskeletons.esp=1
FNIS.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp=1
Race Scale Remover.esp=1
Gri_BeastFeet.esp=1
SoundsofSkyrimComplete.esp=1
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp=1
ELFX - Exteriors.esp=1
ELFX - Weathers.esp=1
ELFXEnhancer.esp=1
TrueStormsSE.esp=1
Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul - Skyrim.esp=1
SoS_TrueStorms_Patch.esp=1
SoS_ELFX+Enhancer+Weathers_Patch.esp=1
RAO - ELFX Patch.esp=1
Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp=1
Spells Emit Light - Dim.esp=0
Racial Body Morphs.esp=1
Better Claws And Gauntlets.esp=1
Better Claws And Gauntlets - Immersive Armors.esp=1
gitgud greaves.esp=1
gitgud greaves (dawnguard).esp=1
gitgud greaves (dragonborn).esp=1
Convenient Carriages.esp=1
immersive movement.esp=0
perk points at skill levels 50-75-100.esp=1
ordinator - perks of skyrim.esp=1
Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.esp=1
apocalypse - ordinator compatibility patch.esp=1
arrowtweaksfix.esp=1
amazingfollowertweaks.esp=1
Realistic AI Detection 2 SE - High Interior, High Exterior.esp=1
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp=1
RDO - AFT v1.66 Patch.esp=1
RDO - CRF + USSEP Patch.esp=1
RDO - USSEP Patch.esp=0
open cities skyrim.esp=1
Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp=1
Immersive Citizens - OCS patch.esp=1
Immersive Citizens - ELFXEnhancer patch.esp=1
immersive patrols ii.esp=1
realisticwatertwo.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo+-+Verdant+Patch.esp=0
Convenient Horses.esp=1
sofiafollower.esp=1
inigo.esp=1
TrainingLimit.esp=1
50 more perk points.esp=1
20 more perk points.esp=1
beltfastenedquivers.esp=1
unlimitedamuletsandrings.esp=1

If you CTD when entering a specific location, the crash is likeliy to be caused by said location.

I saw "Breezehome by lupus", which is a great mod and AFAIK normally works without issues. Nevertheless, I'd focus on this mod - and maybe possible conflicts. Not sure if ELFX changes the lighting in Breezehome. If it does, there might be a mod conflict.

- What happens if you unistall "Breezehome by lupus" or maybe ELFX?

- Also test with a new game (you can use "Alternate Start" to avoid the lenghty intro at Helgen) and see, what happens.

- Use a conflict resolution patch: Either a "bashed patch" from Wrye Bash or - IMHO even better - a "smashed patch" from Mator Smash: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/90987

If the crashes are caused by a mod conflict, this might help.

If you CTD when entering a specific location, the crash is likeliy to be caused by said location.

I saw "Breezehome by lupus", which is a great mod and AFAIK normally works without issues. Nevertheless, I'd focus on this mod - and maybe possible conflicts. Not sure if ELFX changes the lighting in Breezehome. If it does, there might be a mod conflict.

- What happens if you unistall "Breezehome by lupus" or maybe ELFX?

- Also test with a new game (you can use "Alternate Start" to avoid the lenghty intro at Helgen) and see, what happens.

- Use a conflict resolution patch: Either a "bashed patch" from Wrye Bash or - IMHO even better - a "smashed patch" from Mator Smash: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/90987

If the crashes are caused by a mod conflict, this might help.

Alrighty, so I tried out most of what you recommended, no dice, once again.

I played for a while just ignoring the whole house issue, figured maybe if I just progressed into the game a little further it might help. Tested my theory by full saving before buying Breezehome, but I still had a CTD when entering. So, I went over your list of ideas, did everything I could.

I started using the new Vortex mod loader (which I am very fond of because it actually has a brain of its own instead of leaving it up to the player or other software to sort load orders), but it hasn't caused any issues at all, I was just leery to jump right into it because I had no idea if it safely ran Skyrim if I fed it the same mods as before. I'm glad to say most everything works just as well, perhaps even better than when using the old Nexus Mod Manager. I've also noticed what seems to be a considerable performance boost using Vortex, but it might just be in my head.

So, first I checked everything I could in Vortex to ensure there were no conflicts at all. It seemed to have everything in working order, my game didn't but out or crash when I opened it, and there were no negative warnings of any sort that popped up. I do notice several mods in my Vortex load order that are marked with "requires cleaning (LOOT)" but I didn't think LOOT was used for "file cleaning." I've never had any problems with "unclean files" in the past, anyway.

Then, I moved on to disabling certain mods. I first disabled ELFX and every mod that had anything to do with ELFX, loaded up the game, and still had the crash when entering Breezehome. So, then I disabled Breezehome by Lupus, loaded up, tried to enter, still CTD. No dice with disabling.

Moved on to trying Alternate Start method, installed the mod, created a character (That jail cell is really damn dark using ELFX), loaded into the option to own Breezehome from the start. CTD before the loading screen even finished. So, no dice using the Alternate Start method.

Finally, since Wyre Bash is supposedly useless for me (Upon installing it, I was notified that having Skyrim SE in Program Files led to some pretty massive issues with Wyre Bash), I installed Mator Smash, followed all of the instructions to create a Smash Patch, made sure the patch was installed, finished, without error, everything, and loaded up the game with the patch activated. Tried to enter Breezehome, CTD. Again. No dice.

At this point, I'm patiently rubbing my temples, trying to determine the problem. It's clearly something wrong with Breezehome, it apparently isn't a conflict, and all of the game's files have been verified (multiple times) and are intact.

I can tell you are a very experienced user, so I'm sure we can figure out what the problem here is together, I don't doubt that. If there is anything else you suspect might even remotely be to blame for this issue, I would gladly tell you everything I can.

I never noticed this problem until shortly after removing the mods Osmodius and Verdant. I can see why maybe uninstalling Osmodius in the middle of a playthrough would have issues, but like I said, I've started a new game since then. There shouldn't realistically be any issue left behind by those mods unless, for whatever reason, they permanently impact the game. If so, I'm almost certain I would see issues besides Breezehome not loading correctly.

For shits and giggles, I loaded up a super old save, which had a negligible difference in load order between now and then, went to Breezehome, still crashed upon entering. That leads me to believe it is something with my newest load order, or a mod within it, but what mod and why it would cause such a problem is beyond me.

So, I went through my mod list and uninstalled every single mod that I didn't think would completely break my game beyond repair, and it still crashed when entering Breezehome.

Then, I considered, there was one mod I uninstalled around the time of Osmodius and Verdant. A mod that allowed spells, when equipped, to emit light around the player. It was buggy, with the lights not always working correctly in certain cells, not at all in others, but I figured it might have had something to do with all of this. So, I enabled everything in my load order again, created a new Mator Smash (now including the spell light mod), and tried it out. I think we know the pattern now. No dice.

So, that's 1. Uninstalling every mod that won't literally destroy the game, 2. Checking file integrity through Steam (multiple times), 3. Checking that the game, and all mods, are up to date, 4. Manually checking, using three different software applications to check, and creating a bash file to check for any incompatibilities, 5. Running down the list of individual mods that may be causing problems, 6. Testing a brand new game with no mods being added or removed after the beginning of said game, and 7. Loading up an old save in which Breezehome worked and testing to see if it still worked.

And none of them worked.

I am absolutely not blaming you, if anything I'm blaming myself because I'm a blind, deaf, and dumb noob when it comes to most things beyond checking load order, but I'm 99.9999999999999999999% certain that something should have fixed the problem by now. I'm honestly not sure what more there is to do than completely reinstall Skyrim SE, load up all of my mods all over again, and start up yet another new game in hopes of Breezehome not being f###ed up.

I still want to figure this out, but until we (or I) can figure something out, I guess I'll just have to keep playing around with it until something works. Most of the time when junk like this happens to me, I end up stumbling upon some random, simple thing that ends up resolving the whole problem, and I want to slam my head into a brick wall because it was so obvious. In any case, as I said before, If there is anything you might need to know, or any other cause you can think of, I would gladly give you whatever information you need. Thank you so much for the help so far.