Official Vortex Beta Release

Dark0ne

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #64234761. #64237376 is also a reply to the same post.

StantonCree wrote: Well I guess its that time to do some spring cleaning in my mods and migrate over to Vortex.
Gummiel wrote: That is quite the late end of the year for a "spring cleaning" :P

a metaphorical "spring cleaning"

That's good news. I don't really care about Vortex, as long as it supports FOMM-based installers, but it's great to see the link to the broken Nexus Mods manager 0.65.2 being removed. It had caused quite a havoc for New Vegas mods during the last months.

FOMM, NMM 0.65.10 (at Github) and MO2 are mature mod managers that just work.

I can't find any information on whether it's possible to import your own specific load order in Vortex? I don't want a Loot auto sorted load order since it will cause bugs, I want my own specific load order exported from NMM since that is the one that works. Is it possible to do that in Vortex?

Congratulations to Tannin and the Nexus staff for this beta release of Vortex.

I switched over to Vortex about eight months ago to manage established modded games of Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE, and to manage a new game of Fallout 3. I am very pleased with the results. Although there are many fine managers currently available (and I've used them all), Vortex is the best of the lot for my purposes.

Of the many fine features in Vortex, there are three that I especially like:
- load order management
- creation and management of game profiles
- user interface

Thank you Tannin and Nexus staff for this excellent tool for the modding community.

Vortex is more of a headache than running other mod managers in tandem with LOOT. I would highly recommend against using this if you're a new mod user. Try Wrye, MO, or NMM + LOOT instead, and save yourself some hassle.

Manual load order adjustment is the most basic feature a mod manager can have, and Vortex doesn't have it. I know that you guys are committed to Vortex and, for some reason, this way of doing things. I just hope that you don't remove NMM completely to drive people to Vortex. I hope that you leave it up for download indefinitely.

Edited by Robbie922004

In response to post #64240536.

XanderVirtus wrote: I can't find any information on whether it's possible to import your own specific load order in Vortex? I don't want a Loot auto sorted load order since it will cause bugs, I want my own specific load order exported from NMM since that is the one that works. Is it possible to do that in Vortex?

I'm not on the dev team for Vortex, but I have been using it for a while and I can confirm for you that you can disable the autosort feature. There is a little icon for it on the plugins tab, you just click it and its disabled. I can also confirm that Vortex can hook into LOOT for managing a load order, so if you have custom user metadata there shouldn't be any problem. Wrye Bash, Creation Kit, Dyndolod, Texgen, FNIS, and Bodyslide can all be added to the tools tab and be run directly from the Vortex interface. Vortex also has no problems (in my experience) handling FOMODs or other installers. Edited by LilikeSound

Vortex is more of a headache than running other mod managers in tandem with LOOT. I would highly recommend against using this if you're a new mod user. Try Wrye, MO, or NMM + LOOT instead, and save yourself some hassle.

Manual load order adjustment is the most basic feature a mod manager can have, and Vortex doesn't have it. I know that you guys are committed to Vortex and, for some reason, this way of doing things. I just hope that you don't remove NMM completely to drive people to Vortex. I hope that you leave it up for download indefinitely.

On the contrary, Vortex does allow manual load ordering, but it does so in a way very different from the manual drag and drop approach. Visit the Vortex forums, and you will find a very extensive (and sometimes heated) discussion about this matter. After I started using Vortex, my load order headaches all but disappeared.

I would highly recommend Vortex to those new to modding.