Official Vortex Beta Release

Dark0ne

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I switch from NMM to Vortex, will all my mods that I had in NMM automatically switch over, or will they be removed? Just finished a playthrough of an 18 hour long mod, and don't want to lose a maxed save.

No, your mods are not automatically switched over. You have to make that happen by importing them and/or moving them manually.

What do you mean by "removed?" Do you mean "deleted?"

If you are thinking about moving an ongoing game from NMM to Vortex, don't do it. Enjoy your game with NMM. When finished and ready for a new game, then you may want to consider using Vortex.

• 2 weeks later...

dragon age inquistion needs support mass effect 1 2 + 3 need support come on guys

The first three Mass Effect games used the Unreal3 engine, Inquisition (and Andromeda) use Frostbite. Both engines make modding notoriously difficult. Just look at how many mods for those games need a particular "helper" program to use them.

Not saying Vortex won't ever support those titles, (and I don't have any special insight to the developers' schedule) but I know there are lots of other improvements being worked or considered that are way ahead of doing that. :cool:

(See Dark0ne's post five before yours...)

I just received notification from Nexus Mod Manager that I can't even add manually downloaded files anymore because it can't connect to the server. Don't understand why this is happening, kind of seems like a deliberate lockout procedure rather than a result of obsolescence. After all, the file I'm adding is already on my hard drive. Is there any way to fix this? Regardless, my mod setup is good enough I'm not even gonna think about switching until after I finish the game I'm on, which could be awhile. FO4 is just too finnicky. If I have to add files via ini edits I will. Don't understand why backwards compatibility got completely thrown by the software wayside in the 21st century, especially for friggin' freeware. Edited by foxx0021

In response to post #66312846.

foxx0021 wrote: I just received notification from Nexus Mod Manager that I can't even add manually downloaded files anymore because it can't connect to the server. Don't understand why this is happening, kind of seems like a deliberate lockout procedure rather than a result of obsolescence. After all, the file I'm adding is already on my hard drive. Is there any way to fix this? Regardless, my mod setup is good enough I'm not even gonna think about switching until after I finish the game I'm on, which could be awhile. FO4 is just too finnicky. If I have to add files via ini edits I will. Don't understand why backwards compatibility got completely thrown by the software wayside in the 21st century, especially for friggin' freeware.

You should have no trouble adding manually downloaded files. If you have problems with that then there is really something messed up with your manager. Im using currently both nexus mod manager and Vortex without real issues. Are you using the latest version of NMM?

• 2 weeks later...
So, I installed vortex, imported my 200+ mods, and now it crashes immediately upon startup. I can't do anything. It's toast. No biggie, I'll just go back to NMM. Oh wait, except I can't update any of my mods because I'm locked out from downloading anything with NMM. Thanks nexus....