Vortex..

RetroCh1cken

So after hundreds of hours of modding in Nexus mod manager I heard of a new manager, Vortex.

It seems like Vortex is supposed to replace NMM, so I gave it a try. I'm a complete newbie to this manager so I did not get a good start with it, plenty of errors yadi yada. I finally sorted it out though.

But then I met one problem than was a big question mark for me, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but after installing mods, some would just get hidden away. They would still exist in the files but when starting a Skyrim they would be not be active so I would have to reinstall them all the time cause Vortex kept hiding away my mods.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

Under Settings / Interface, did you turned on "Deploy Mods when Enabled", "Enable Advanced Mods and "Enable Profile Management" ?

Under Settings / MODS, did you let Vortex to choose the Install Path and do you have Hardlink Deployment On ?

Under Settings / DOWNLOAD, what is your download path ? Mine is : C:\Users\my name\Documents\VORTEX DOWNLOADS. Also, in this same screen, did you turn on HANDLE beside MOD MANAGER DOWNLOAD button on NexusMods.com ?

Last but not the least, are you sure all of your plugins are enabled ? Check also under EXTENSIONS if every single function is Enabled ( Green ).

If you answer YES to all of the above, you should not have any problem. Never experienced the problem that you are mentioning with hidden away. Most likely they have not been enable / deployed perhaps. Mirror in your Vortex what I have in mine and try again. If problem persist, then use the feedback via Vortex.

To do so, click on the 3 vertical dots located under the X ( top right corner ) and you will have a menu : Send Feedback, Diagnostic Files and i About .... use the Send Feedback function to send your issue to the dev team.

A piece of advise : Do not just click without knowing. There are a lot of threads about Vortex and videos that you should read / watch before doing anything else. There is one thread ( I do not remember correctly but I think is one related to manually moving plugins - big thread - and inside, there is a Gopher's Video that I recommend you to watch ).

Read everything. It will take a while and take notes and apply them as you go. My setup ( shown above ) is working perfect and all my mods are applied to my games. :cool:

How are you starting the game? Are the plugins enabled in your plugins section of Vortex?

It's likely something missing with your load order list before Vortex starts.

The thing is I download the plugins, I then install them, after installing a couple mods some of them gets hidden away from the plugins tab. When I say Vortex hide them I mean it, I can't find the plugin in the plugins tab, it's poof gone. If I reinstall it Vortex will tell me they are already installed and if I want to overwrite them.

How are you starting the game? Are the plugins enabled in your plugins section of Vortex?

The thing is I download the plugins, I then install them, after installing a couple mods some of them gets hidden away from the plugins tab. When I say Vortex hide them I mean it, I can't find the plugin in the plugins tab, it's poof gone. If I reinstall it Vortex will tell me they are already installed and if I want to overwrite them.

Did you deploy the mods immediately after installing them? Deployment is different from enabling. Deployment generates the hardlinks in the data folder that commit your mod installations to the game. If you have not deployed the mods that you've just installed, then that is probably the reason for the missing plugins.

Did you deploy the mods immediately after installing them? Deployment is different from enabling. Deployment generates the hardlinks in the data folder that commit your mod installations to the game. If you have not deployed the mods that you've just installed, then that is probably the reason for the missing plugins.

Ahh that might be the problem, I'll see if that will fix that, btw just a litle extra question, how do you uninstall plugins in Vortex?

Under Settings / Interface, did you turned on "Deploy Mods when Enabled", "Enable Advanced Mods and "Enable Profile Management" ?

Under Settings / MODS, did you let Vortex to choose the Install Path and do you have Hardlink Deployment On ?

Under Settings / DOWNLOAD, what is your download path ? Mine is : C:\Users\my name\Documents\VORTEX DOWNLOADS. Also, in this same screen, did you turn on HANDLE beside MOD MANAGER DOWNLOAD button on NexusMods.com ?

Last but not the least, are you sure all of your plugins are enabled ? Check also under EXTENSIONS if every single function is Enabled ( Green ).

If you answer YES to all of the above, you should not have any problem. Never experienced the problem that you are mentioning with hidden away. Most likely they have not been enable / deployed perhaps. Mirror in your Vortex what I have in mine and try again. If problem persist, then use the feedback via Vortex.

To do so, click on the 3 vertical dots located under the X ( top right corner ) and you will have a menu : Send Feedback, Diagnostic Files and i About .... use the Send Feedback function to send your issue to the dev team.

A piece of advise : Do not just click without knowing. There are a lot of threads about Vortex and videos that you should read / watch before doing anything else. There is one thread ( I do not remember correctly but I think is one related to manually moving plugins - big thread - and inside, there is a Gopher's Video that I recommend you to watch ).

Read everything. It will take a while and take notes and apply them as you go. My setup ( shown above ) is working perfect and all my mods are applied to my games. :cool:

Yeah I'll try these tricks, the weird thing is, they can be visible at first but after installing som other mods later on they might just get hidden away, it's often the same mods to.

Ahh that might be the problem, I'll see if that will fix that, btw just a litle extra question, how do you uninstall plugins in Vortex?

I'm not sure what you're asking, you can either uninstall mods or disable plugins, both are handled by the large button in the left column of the mods/plugins view :smile:

Edited by Pickysaurus

I'm not sure what you're asking, you can either uninstall mods or disable plugins, both are handled by the large button in the left column of the mods/plugins view :smile:

Do you mean in the plugins tab? Cause I only have disable or enable and my Vortex have kinda glitched out. If I try to find my installed plugins in the mods tab they are none existent. I can neither reinstall Vortex cause it remembers the mods I use and reinstall them after I've reinstalled Vortex.

Do you mean in the plugins tab? Cause I only have disable or enable and my Vortex have kinda glitched out. If I try to find my installed plugins in the mods tab they are none existent. I can neither reinstall Vortex cause it remembers the mods I use and reinstall them after I've reinstalled Vortex.

Ok, I think I'm following now.

Those plugins are no managed by Vortex, so they're probably either managed by your previous mod manager or leftovers from NMM. The way to remove those would be manually open the game data folder and delete them.