Auto Playing Video Ad From Distroscale

rnalsation

I visited the Requiem mod for Skyrim page and was immediately greeted with an auto-playing video ad without sound (thankfully) overlaying part of the page https://i.imgur.com/NGPeKYa.png . This ad shifts to it's box when you scroll to the bottom of the page https://i.imgur.com/AZ2shQg.png but sits in the area that seems to be reserved for mod descriptions. It also appears on other mod pages for me. Central US.

Yep, I also saw it today for the first time. It is now on every page on nexus - or so it seems.

Today I tried to look up new mods that I could use for a new Skyrim play-through, but every time a new page loaded I got crazy about the fxxxin´ video. In my anger I clicked on it in order to stop it, but of course that only brought me to the page, that was advertised in it.

I do not find this sort of forced-in-your-face advertisement bearable, I am sorry.

Is there any way to deactivate this?

------

Edit:

Sorry, it seems I posted in the wrong forum? I was not pointing out a bad ad but rather complaining about the way the Popular Stories video is shoved in your face on every page in the nexus.

Edited by Malachias69

yeah... this is starting to become vary annoying. if this is going to keep happening i might as well turn uBlock Origin back on and forget about the faster download speed.

Edited by Rex7Dragon95

Same, I want to have adguard turned off for the nexus, but won't while there are pop ups, especially ones like this stream/video thing the popups on almost every page you go to. They want people to allow ads but then allow crap like this and wonder why people block the ads. Silent banner and silent side ads is fine, though having video ads period can help lag the page.

Same for me. I want that ad gone. It doesn't auto-play like one other person has said, but I do have to close it on every page load. I, too, would like to enable ads on Nexus, but only if they're non-intrusive. I am fine seeing inline ads like in between posts or in the mod descriptions.