Deleting Plugins from Vortex [For Skyrim]

Midoki

I have several plugins left over from a previous modded adventure with skyrim. Since turning to Vortex these .esp(s) have been identified and disabled (which is great) but I'm looking to remove them altogether. My question is this:

How do I delete/remove plugins I'm no longer using from Vortex and/or the Skyrim folder?

Edited by Midoki

In Vortex click on the "Purge Mods" button so that the only things left in your Skyrim folder are the unwanted plugins. Open your Skyrim folder and manually delete the plugins. You may also need to delete any files (meshes, textures, scripts, etc.) that came with the plugins. Then, in Vortex, click on the "Deploy Mods" button. That should remove the plugins from Vortex.

• 2 months later...

***Proceed carefully***

I'm learning Vortex as I go through a ~500 plugin mod build of Fallout 4, and have encountered this issue also. To see the "Purge Mods" button on the "Mods" tab, you have to have Settings/Interface/Advanced/Enable Advanced Mode active, and at a glance that appears to be all that setting does.

I think a safer way to remove unwanted Plugins from an active build (not just trying to clear out and start over), is to identify the orphan plugins on the plugins tab using "Status: Disabled", double-clicking on them one at a time to see the Mod they're associated with, then reinstalling that mod without choosing the option that creates the plugin (assuming it's obvious).

Again, I'm relatively new to Vortex, and I'm discovering it's limitations the hard way, so take my advice at your peril. :)

Another way I just stumbled on in another forum, identify the orphan plugins in Vortex, then remove them manually from the Steam/your game/data folder (not a precise directory address, hopefully you know where your game's data folder is). Personally I'm not deleting them, I'm moving them to a "Plugins Backups" folder to play it safe.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

My game crashes on lanch because a plugin from the mod page in game. now can't launch game to remove plugin. I tried removing from data folder like this page sugested ad it's gone from vortex list but game still crashing. I lnow it's the plugin/mod because had the same problem with it before. I didn't know it was the same one from nexus. listed as difrent name but the one on nexus was a strate mod and the in game loaded as plugin. Is their a tool to clean out the non-fuctioning files or a way to get the game to load long enough to get it off the in game mods page?