Why should I trust Vortex?

BigDaddyRat

I've read the FAQ and it stated Vortex would use LOOT internally to sort my load order. I do not use LOOT other than to determine which mods need to be cleaned by Edit. On several instances, I used LOOT to sort my load order, then go in game and see that several mods, which ran perfectly before, have been deactivated. I go back to Nexus and reactivate them without using LOOT to sort my load order and have no further problems. So I ask, why in hell should I trust something that uses a program that I have had numerous issues with? Will it be possible to continue using Nexus instead of this thing?

Hi,

From my own experience, I cannot say that I have ever seen LOOT deactivate mods at random - certainly not with Vortex.

As rmm200 pointed out, by all means, if you have a stable load order stay with whatever you were using before. The news post regarding the beta pointed out just that: "If you have a perfectly functioning load order and stable modded game then we highly recommend you do not move over to Vortex at this time."

That being said, if you are currently having trouble with your setup, or if you are about to set up a new installation, it might be a good opportunity to give Vortex a try. We understand that it won't be for everyone, but we are confident in Vortex's ability to solve conflicts between mods and help modders achieve a stable setup.

You will still be able to use NMM going forward, if you so desire, though we are not providing support for it any longer i.e. Vortex is and will be our primary mod manager that we will keep enhancing and developing.

Vortex, does disable mods, It doesn't give the the right mod count then panics and turns them off. It told me I have 250, OK, that five more, I can add, next thing I know the bottom half of my load order is off and I have naked setters, no beds and power. you enable them and they still need to enabled in the load list, its ALPHA, I hop they get it working I can see some befits, but right now, back to NMM

Doesn't work and wants to move files . Also has issues with running as admin. Um....nexus mod manager had to run with admin permissions. I'm not changing a thing and keeping nexus mod manager. This better have not screwed up my mods!

None of what you said was true except maybe for the part about Keeping NMM.

NMM doesn't HAVE to run with Admin Privileges, I used to run it without.

Also, Vortex works with files the same way NMM does, as far as moving files, it does that if you're importing mods.

I think it's great to download mod after mod after mod, nonstop and use Vortex to install them, and have it do all of the work sorting for me, my load orders are virtually crash-free with very little effort on my part.

It has definitely shown me what I thought was a perfect load order in NMM, just how bad I actually had it sorted.

Several times, I have allowed LOOT to sort my load order, and loaded the game and found my Looks Menu, High Resolution DLC Looks Menu Tattoo Overlay among others disabled. I have had to go back into Nexus and re-enable them and go back into the game and they worked fine. So by experience I can definitely say that it has disabled mods in my game, so I won't hold my breath and think for certain that Vortex won't do the same thing.

Several times, I have allowed LOOT to sort my load order, and loaded the game and found my Looks Menu, High Resolution DLC Looks Menu Tattoo Overlay among others disabled. I have had to go back into Nexus and re-enable them and go back into the game and they worked fine. So by experience I can definitely say that it has disabled mods in my game, so I won't hold my breath and think for certain that Vortex won't do the same thing.

Then there must be a problem with your system, because I have NEVER had loot disable any mods in my load order, considering that LOOT doesn't even HAVE the ability to disable mods.

So far, you're the only person I've seen who has made that claim.

I've been using Vortex since February and I have yet to see it disable any mods, unless I purposely disable them.

The only time I've ever seen behavior where peoples mods get disabled (not by LOOT) is when they manually edit their plugins.txt, because then they get their plugins.txt "out of sync" with their mod manager.