How to run java based Dual Sheath Redux patcher?

starfis

ive worked hours and this is my work XD

http://prntscr.com/lpu68e

target line = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_191\bin\java.exe

full command line = -jar "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch.jar"

full start in line = E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch

after saving run the jar patcher and it worked

Glad you got it all working!

But just to keep kicking a dead horse, what happens if you open a command window and type "java -version"?

What happens if you double click a .jar file in file manager? Does it open with Java?

Part of your problem seems to be related to the Java installation (not related to Vortex).

Either it did not install correctly (Registry entries, etc), the environment variable JAVA_HOME was not set, or the file associations (right mouse on file, Properties, change Opens With) are incorrect.

After what feels like days of fighting with this. I think I might of got it. Well at least it doesn't tell me "Failed to run tool." It just doesn't run anything.

I got it to work, but none of the texture packs are showing. Oh well. I'll figure that out next.

I'm not sure where that is supposed to write it's output, but I doubt that the target folder would be your User\Appdata folder

• 4 weeks later...

The Appdata thing is where my Vortex is located at. I was just testing the locations of AV to see which one was likely to work. However... I have had to restart my game like three times due to a something breaking my game, and I'm trying to get Automatic Variants to work again trying this way, and its just not. Has anyone but myself tried to use AV for SSE and not do it using the CK? (Meaning using this link > https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5hiava/automatic_variants_works_in_se_with_a_bit_of_work/ )

Edited by ChaosMyotismon

So uh mine looks like this and when I run it literally nothing happens, help please?

Target C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_144\bin\java.exe

Command line -jar "C:\Users\benal\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\skyrim\mods\Dual Sheath Redux-34155-1-7-3\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch\Dual Sheath Redux Patch.jar"

Start in C:\Users\benal\Desktop\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch

Edited by Anacondra

I finally got mine to work :geek:

If anyone hasn't fixed it yet than try something similar to this: (Obviously change the drive letter to the drive letter you use. Also SteamLibary is the same as Steam)

Target: = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_191\bin\java.exe

Command Line = -jar "E:\Vortex Deployment\Dual Sheath Redux-34155-1-7-3\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch\Dual Sheath Redux Patch.jar"

Start in = E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch

• 5 months later...

So I've been having the same issue with Lootification. It says Lootification.esm is missing. I've got it all setup like it should be

Target: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_211\bin\java.exe

Command Line -jar "F:\GameClients\SteamClient\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SkyProc Patchers\LLI\LLI.jar"

Start In F:\GameClients\SteamClient\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SkyProc Patchers\LLI

but when I go to run the patch, the patcher comes up like normal but then throws an error saying it's missing the correct ESM file in my load order. But it's CLEARLY THERE.

How did you all fix the issue?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Can i re open this topic?
i need help everytime i launch it with Vortex it says "Missing masters Skyrim.esm and Update.esm"

then i tried to launch it on the folder with the "Dual Sheath Redux Patch.jar" and open it with Java
it says "Missing masters Dual Sheath Redux.esp".

Does anyone knows how to solve this or is suffering from same fate? please helppp

Can i re open this topic?

i need help everytime i launch it with Vortex it says "Missing masters Skyrim.esm and Update.esm"

then i tried to launch it on the folder with the "Dual Sheath Redux Patch.jar" and open it with Java

it says "Missing masters Dual Sheath Redux.esp".

Does anyone knows how to solve this or is suffering from same fate? please helppp

Check your

START IN

and

TARGET paths in the Dashboard

The posts on the page are people telling how they got it to work