Photo

How to run java based Dual Sheath Redux patcher?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Gothega

Gothega

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

ive worked hours and this is my work XD

http://prntscr.com/lpu68e

target line = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_191\bin\java.exe

full command line = -jar "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch.jar"

full start in line = E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch

after saving run the jar patcher and it worked

rmm200

rmm200

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Glad you got it all working!

But just to keep kicking a dead horse, what happens if you open a command window and type "java   -version"?

What happens if you double click a .jar file in file manager? Does it open with Java?

Part of your problem seems to be related to the Java installation (not related to Vortex).

Either it did not install correctly (Registry entries, etc), the environment variable JAVA_HOME was not set, or the file associations (right mouse on file, Properties, change Opens With) are incorrect.

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Beer Ambassador

• Premium Member
  • 8,418 posts

After what feels like days of fighting with this. I think I might of got it. Well at least it doesn't tell me "Failed to run tool." It just doesn't run anything.

I got it to work, but none of the texture packs are showing. Oh well. I'll figure that out next.

I'm not sure where that is supposed to write it's output, but I doubt that the target folder would be your User\Appdata folder

ChaosMyotismon

ChaosMyotismon

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

The Appdata thing is where my Vortex is located at. I was just testing the locations of AV to see which one was likely to work. However... I have had to restart my game like three times due to a something breaking my game, and I'm trying to get Automatic Variants to work again trying this way, and its just not. Has anyone but myself tried to use AV for SSE and not do it using the CK? (Meaning using this link > https://www.reddit.c..._a_bit_of_work/ )

Edited by ChaosMyotismon, 31 December 2018 - 01:59 PM.

Anacondra

Anacondra

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

So uh mine looks like this and when I run it literally nothing happens, help please?

Target C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_144\bin\java.exe

Command line -jar "C:\Users\benal\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\skyrim\mods\Dual Sheath Redux-34155-1-7-3\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch\Dual Sheath Redux Patch.jar"

Start in C:\Users\benal\Desktop\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch

Edited by Anacondra, 01 January 2019 - 08:56 PM.

TUFgaming

TUFgaming

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I finally got mine to work  :geek:  

If anyone hasn't fixed it yet than try something similar to this: (Obviously change the drive letter to the drive letter you use. Also SteamLibary is the same as Steam)

Target: = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_191\bin\java.exe

Command Line = -jar "E:\Vortex Deployment\Dual Sheath Redux-34155-1-7-3\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch\Dual Sheath Redux Patch.jar"

Start in = E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch

Page loaded in: 0.819 seconds