Personal Experience VS "I read about it?

Fkemman11

Its not about difficulty , its about taking the time to actually do it and thats going to take more than a minute to do. Their are easy mods and difficult mods , but the time invested always deserves to be encouraged.

Its not about difficulty , its about taking the time to actually do it and thats going to take more than a minute to do. Their are easy mods and difficult mods , but the time invested always deserves to be encouraged.

I agree- whether the mod works well or not. You reward the effort.

I would tell them "Try it yourself"

I've been experimenting with making Leveled Lists, and I've spent a few days on it now, googling "how-to" articles and videos, and experimenting and failing and succeeding.
But editing leveled lists can be as tedious as the Franciscan monks handwriting copies of the bible back in the Middle Ages, so, there's also that, to take into consideration, whether someone has the attention span, and fortitude to look at a big job, and be willing to start, AND finish it.

I made a "mod" vs "I read about making a mod for a minute and it ain't that difficult!"- what you would like to tell them.

What I would tell them is something that has two words, the last one being "off".

In reality the most difficult for me is learning, in a quest mod - I have to know almost every part of Creation kit if I want to make it complicated and new enough, plus voiceacting and all. But nobody does care, only the result does matter.

But what to tell them? I don't know - I was told my race mod was easy because there are no new models. While I was creating every possible detail and was fighting with my first race mod. I told him I will make it better the next time - I just couldn't care enough because I knew I wanted more myself, so I agreed with him - it is not good enough until I will learn how to make a new model.

But sure there are examples of hard work which is not obvious, but I don't know what I would tell them in that case - still not my experience.

I actually learned enough to enjoy pushing pieces into place, via the simple slide and click together function of one creation kit I learned about modding with.

When boring details are all the person writes and no anecdotal information to wake the slumber modding lords or ladies occurs no one learns. Grumpy made a find little chapter, or two, on this forum and at CanadianIce and Howndogs site too, Back in 2000. Who is Grumpy? Woe is me. Look here! I mean click on this link!

If you really like digging up old threads in nexusmods, you necromancer of old files full of dead letters words you, I'm sure you could get a really good headache from digging in the tombs of the past modders in forums nexusmods com.

Maybe Emma's still visiting here? You could ask her about the tutorials she and Grumpy shared. Companion mods?! Don't get her started or she might text you with so much good stuff, even children mods, your eyes could become seriously bloodshot.

I remember how I used to be before I told myself one day; "STOP SHOUTING at the INVISIBLE PEOPLE and learn how to mod myself." I mean I cried one time because of a mod I tried.

I downloaded it because I wanted the landscape to look more real. My game had so many CTDs. I cried even more when the world of MORROWIND got all stretchy. Unknowing, that the people modding didn't work for BETHESDA I shouted at BETHESDA for hiring them.

I finally won my first battle with a MUDKRAB and the creature I defeated suddenly twisted out of shape, (because of a mod I learned to install manually) the image sent it's taffy-afied flying weirdly about.

The limbs and body stretched to stringy lines, distorted and twisted. Then it sailed across the land around in the sky.

I hollered at the screen. I WORKED SO HARD TO DEFEAT THAT, THAT MUDKRAB. The first one I encountered in Seyda Neen. The game crashed before I could save. AFTER TEN OR TWENTY BATTLES I FINALLY WON! (note: I didn't read the precious instructions in the game prior to starting the game. I got started without even knowing what respawn meant. I didn't even know about Saving the Game yet.)

Oh how I cried and I yelled at the modding fiend's whose mods were so nice and yet. I found out months later while learning how to build my first house in MORROWIND via a little ebook Grumpy put together, the mod was NOT CLEANED before it was shared..

Then one day I realized, after reinstalling the game about 10 times in one week, I'm tired of having fun trying out other peoples mod works.

I starting beating myself into shape.

One day I did a search and found a half dozen people offering guidance right in the forum, way back in time, the year 2000... How to build your first home in MORROWIND. None of them seemed to get through to me the importance of good study practices.

Until one of them spoke my language. Grumpy was his title. I mean, I laughed at how like the humors of people I knew in real life he planted in little anecdotes into his instructions; The one, the last guide's instruction posted in the forums back in year 2000 by Grumpy, got through to my leathery brain cells and ignited the dying part of my ancient gray matter.

If anyone even made it this far reading the above text.. You might actually have the fire in you to get into modding.

I'll be lurking about to see if anyone :cool: enough, does make a mod I will enjoy; the fun of paining myself to find out if it will NOT CRASH MY GAME! :devil:

See you! :laugh:

Enjoy!