[LE] Various questions - Mod creating problems

nayakri

Works perfectly! Thank you so much!

ACTIVE QUESTIONS

Glass material/texture

Glad I could help :cool:

By the way, for future reference all you're doing is adding an effect shader to a object reference, which basically causes the said object to exhibit a certain way as it takes its model and applies the texture to it. It's the same thing that causes people in Sovngarde to have a heavenly glow around them. The AbGhost just adds it as a spell :)

(let's say I understand all that specific words in your explanation)

There was that one moment that I couldn't find where to put AbGhost before my mind slapped me in the face and pointed my attention towards the spells so I wouldn't embarrass myself with asking you about that.

Still, thanks for help :) I'll definitely will know where to go to make more spirits and familiars for the College.

ACTIVE QUESTIONS

Glass texture/material

NEW QUESTION - Opinion question

7. Book and problems

I'm fighting hard with placing books in Arcanaeum, but I'm only a human and I'd gladly destroy the whole room at the moment. I'm placing all these books manually, trying to keep some immersion by making a mess here and there. I'm no computer, so books are rarely in a straight line. What happens in the game itself is bewildering - some books levitate though I checked no Havok Settle for them, some books are in different positions, some books are upside down (this is my mistake, actually, I can't learn how rotation works in some cases).

And here is my question: how big a problem this is to someone who will play the mod (if I'll end it one day, of course)? It's just... If I think about those hundred or more books I already placed... It's seems impossible to go back and replace all these faulty ones. What's your opinion?

ACTIVE QUESTIONS

Glass texture/material

NEW QUESTION - Opinion question

7. Book and problems

I'm fighting hard with placing books in Arcanaeum, but I'm only a human and I'd gladly destroy the whole room at the moment. I'm placing all these books manually, trying to keep some immersion by making a mess here and there. I'm no computer, so books are rarely in a straight line. What happens in the game itself is bewildering - some books levitate though I checked no Havok Settle for them, some books are in different positions, some books are upside down (this is my mistake, actually, I can't learn how rotation works in some cases).

And here is my question: how big a problem this is to someone who will play the mod (if I'll end it one day, of course)? It's just... If I think about those hundred or more books I already placed... It's seems impossible to go back and replace all these faulty ones. What's your opinion?

I can't speak for anyone else, but Skyrim's already got plenty of janky positioning stuff going on. It bugs me but if it were a dealbreaker I wouldn't still be playing the game seven years later :v

However, if you want to go back and replace (or remove) badly positioned references, TESVEdit is a godsend.

Well, as I noticed, there are only some of them levitating - most of the books is nice and sits on their places (I'm afraid to check what will happen if I touch them...)

I will leave for the moment. I (or some other kind soul) can fix this mess after putting everything I want into the mod.

Thank you for your help (again)!