Managed Games gone missing

LeonTubrok

Yeah, that would probably work and be time consuming making the transfer from NMM redundant in my case, but the point is it just disappeared without me doing anything out of the ordinary so id rather not risk it till there is some more stable way vortex keeps record of the mods (or option to save /restore your games setup) and better transfer from NMM. I think as LOOT order is also relative ie. a mod can be in more than one place in an order to still work, it may benefit from reading from the current order NMM has the mods set up as part of the transfer (as thats obviously the way the user has wanted it set, with still the option for vortex to sort) and I dont know if the transfer and the integrated loot on vortex reads any custom rules the user may have set up in NMMs loot/external loot but it wasnt the same order Id been playing fallout4 on for the last few years.

Yeah, that would probably work and be time consuming making the transfer from NMM redundant in my case, but the point is it just disappeared without me doing anything out of the ordinary so id rather not risk it till there is some more stable way vortex keeps record of the mods (or option to save /restore your games setup) and better transfer from NMM. I think as LOOT order is also relative ie. a mod can be in more than one place in an order to still work, it may benefit from reading from the current order NMM has the mods set up as part of the transfer (as thats obviously the way the user has wanted it set, with still the option for vortex to sort) and I dont know if the transfer and the integrated loot on vortex reads any custom rules the user may have set up in NMMs loot/external loot but it wasnt the same order Id been playing fallout4 on for the last few years.

If you manage your savegames with Vortex, you can restore your load order from your saves automatically.

I would say to reinstall vortex to make sure it's installed properly and start from scratch, it sounds like you've glitched your install somehow and not giving it a fair chance, because what you're experiencing seems to be a weird glitch that you're chalking up to Vortex alone.

Also, it doesn't matter if Vortex makes a different load order than standalone loot does, because Vortex has loot built in, and it's accurate as hell.

I have crash proof installs of FO3, FONV, and Fallout 4, and am currently transitioning to Skyrim SE

No issues here. "Vortex uses LOOT, LOOT is what id sorted fallout mods with in NMM and it had no conflicts/errors when it was on NMM" NMM doesn't report errors. Vortex uses the latest LOOT build. If you ran that externally, it would give exactly the same results as internal to Vortex LOOT.

Well it didnt. The load order on loot from NMM is different on vortex, fact. semantics, yes, NMM doesnt show errors, I assumed it was a given to anyone using loot and nmm that I meant running loot externally from nmm produced no in game errors in my fallout4 mod load order (there, i hope I didnt skip anything this time that may be picked up on that doesnt relate to the issue and just waste everyones time}

Anyway, I realy glad you have no issues, thats realy helpful. but as i said, I lost my profile/game settings, mod setup, whatever you want to call it and that doesnt fill me with enough confidence to use vortex and maybe others may have a similar issue and want to try resolve it. OR perhaps they will just get replies saying, well i havnt got that problem.

The load order is academic anyway as it wont show any order as Iv detailed above coz it thinks i have no mods now.

i second that, my dlc for dao disappear everytime i try installing thru vortex but and reappear as soon as i uninstall mods from vortex and it disable other compaigns

"If you manage your savegames with Vortex, you can restore your load order from your saves automatically." well that sounds good but id like ability to save out and load the load order as a separate file too like nmm for the security if thats already possible then thats fine (but i didnt notice if it did)

"I would say to reinstall vortex to make sure it's installed properly and start from scratch, it sounds like you've glitched your install somehow"
Iv installed 100s of programs without any prob, probably thousands, to to put the blame on a glitch or my system seems unlikely and far more likely the program i installed was at fault.

The main reason it worries me is the thought that if id done this with skyrim that I play often and have nearly 500mods installed and spent alot of time merging mods and getting skyrim running very well without any CTDs and an optimum load order; to have all just vanish after doing the transfer to vortex, id be livid.

"i second that, my dlc for dao disappear everytime i try installing thru vortex but and reappear as soon as i uninstall mods from vortex and it disable other compaigns" see to me, that doesn't sound right. I think for people to have confidence in vortex they would like to see a clear save profile/setup option to assure them if anything screws up they have something to restore from.

Anyways, thats my thoughts and I will leave vortex for now and maybe try a later version again at some point in the future.

"If you manage your savegames with Vortex, you can restore your load order from your saves automatically." well that sounds good but id like ability to save out and load the load order as a separate file too like nmm for the security if thats already possible then thats fine (but i didnt notice if it did)

"I would say to reinstall vortex to make sure it's installed properly and start from scratch, it sounds like you've glitched your install somehow"

Iv installed 100s of programs without any prob, probably thousands, to to put the blame on a glitch or my system seems unlikely and far more likely the program i installed was at fault.

The main reason it worries me is the thought that if id done this with skyrim that I play often and have nearly 500mods installed and spent a lot of time merging mods and getting skyrim running very well without any CTDs and an optimum load order; to have all just vanish after doing the transfer to vortex, id be livid.

"i second that, my dlc for dao disappear everytime i try installing thru vortex but and reappear as soon as i uninstall mods from vortex and it disable other compaigns" see to me, that doesn't sound right. I think for people to have confidence in vortex they would like to see a clear save profile/setup option to assure them if anything screws up they have something to restore from.

Anyways, thats my thoughts and I will leave vortex for now and maybe try a later version again at some point in the future.

on my part i did misspeak alittle alittle regard other campaign in da:O the butom in game disable but come back after i uninstalled everything. have no idea was going on. but im switching back to nmm for may try after a new vorte comes that can import from 65.2

The main reason it worries me is the thought that if id done this with skyrim that I play often and have nearly 500mods installed and spent a lot of time merging mods and getting skyrim running very well without any CTDs and an optimum load order; to have all just vanish after doing the transfer to vortex, id be livid.

Well, logic dictates that you would try Vortex on a different game that you haven't committed all that time, merging 500 mods to.

You can keep your 500 merged mod Skyrim setup, as-is with your old mod manager, while trying Vortex on a DIFFERENT game.

That's the major problem I'm seeing in the support section, is people blindly switching over to Vortex with a massive mod setup in their game, without reading HOW to import their mod setup, and then being completely pissed at Vortex, rather than trying a game without any mods installed to see if Vortex is for them.

"Well, logic dictates that you would try Vortex on a different game that you haven't committed all that time, merging 500 mods to.

You can keep your 500 merged mod Skyrim setup, as-is with your old mod manager, while trying Vortex on a DIFFERENT game."

Hence me trying fallout 4 that i dont play often and didnt have many mods on, and to try the transfer option from nmm.

"That's the major problem I'm seeing in the support section, is people blindly switching over to Vortex with a massive mod setup in their game, without reading HOW to import their mod setup, and then being completely pissed at Vortex, rather than trying a game without any mods installed to see if Vortex is for them."

I did read the tutorial on how to transfer and also watched a few how to's on youtube. end result: its i nice idea but not implemented well enough yet for most people who have large mod collections. I suppose people trying with existing mods setups rather than you suggesting of trying fresh with no mods it probably because they see there is an option to transfer existing setups from NMM.

"I transitioned my Fallout 4 game with about 200 mods over to Vortex with 0 errors. The idea is implemented fully in my experience, because my game was blissfully unaffected, and i could remove NMM from my system and everything is working fine."

Good for you, Proof it must be fine then.

"doctor, I feel ill" Doctor: "well i feel fine, so you must be too!"