game crashes upon picking up legendary items.

evanmickey

I tried Vis-G with AWKCR 7.9 and still featuredItem popup CTDs.
I then tried Vis-G Legendary 1.2 along with Vis-G and the game didn't crash with AWKCR 7.9! Although featuredItem popup CTDs with Vis-G Legendary 1.3. Any idea why?
Oh, there's some issue where my VR Pipboy interface gets stuck now after one click the display is largely blank and won't move. I went back to AWKCR 7.4 and the pipboy works again :\

Thanks

Vis-G Legendary Modifications:
"This mod also purges the Featured Item keywords from these omods to prevent CTDs."

Edited by ntblood

Yes this is a pain, but it turns out it's not us.....
Check your game version:

Guess what?
We updated the main INNR's (Instance Naming Records) with the new Fallout4 and Creation Club Paint and material colors, additionally we've added the Creation Club Keywords to the armor records so people can use the paints...

If you are on a version of Fallout Pre 1.094x there is a good chance you will see a problem.
No we will not make a version for people on versions of Fallout that old, we encourage you to take the time to update, almost every mod that had problems with 1.94+ has been updated, or there are new versions of them.

Fallout 4 VR?

"Damn, Bethesda screwed you hard.
They didn't use the same formIDs for ap_armor_Paint "Paint" [KYWD:0024A0FA], cc_ma_Pipboy [KYWD:0024A0B8], cc_ap_Pipboy_Texture "Material" [KYWD:0024A0B9], ma_WeaponMaterialSwaps [KYWD:0024A0D7], and ap_WeaponMaterial "No Material" [KYWD:0024A0D8], in Fallout4VR that they did in FO4."

Mismatched formID's are killer, and we've reached out to the Bethesda community Manager, Cartogriffi to see if something can be done about this.
Until then, well, we have kind of gotten borked...

DEF_UI Users?

Ok... There are a couple things to discuss here...
Fallout 4 has some Limitations on the ScaleForm Memory used for naming and PipBoy interactions, and once you exceed a certain amount you'll see CTD's and some wacky Instability.
We've expanded the Fallout 4 INNR's and with a VANILLA version of the game you'll not see an issue, but if you use DEF_UI you *May* see issues.
Why?
It's all traced to the iconlibs.swf, iconlibs2.swf and/or Custom XML files can cause issues if there are more than 230 entries, you'll get memory overruns...
A quick breakdown
unknown.png
(Thanks to gernash for the image and good breakdown of the issue.

If you downloaded another modified IconLibs file other than DEF_UI, odds are that's the cause of your woes...
It's easy to test:
Go to the "X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Interface" folder and rename the iconlibs2.swf....
Load the game and try and edit something in the work bench...
Known bad actors are:
Updated ICONLIBS2 for DEF_UI
Working well as far as we know:
DEF_UI Iconlibs Rescaled and Fixed
We Strongly suggest rolling back to DEF_UI's IconLibs2 file, and if you want more colors/Icons please check out VIS-G Item Sorting
Needs to be above VIS-G but we don't know outside of that:
Gold Kit for Color Pipboy -anti-Black and White Screen

Interface Effecting mod Install Order:

*Note
If you use Gold Kit for Color Pipboy -anti-Black and White Screen make sure it's above VIS-G and the don't let it overwrite the VIS-G Files

Edited Perks....

This was actually my problem, I could not craft any of the MISC upgrades (linings) for the DLC04 NukaWorld Legs... Arms and Torsos were fine, but legs caused a CTD every time...

Turns out I had a mod that did a dirty edit to the Blitz Perk
Soooooo check your mods for dirty perk edits, in my case it was a ABspell effect missing the "Equipment type" flags..

• 1 month later...

Ok, I don't get it. AWKCR 7.4 and earlier work without "featuredItem popup CTDs". Why can't the new versions of AWKCR, which still crash, be compatible with VR when the earlier versions 7.4 and backwards still work?
Is there any news from the outreach to the Beth community manager that you mention?

Thank you

PS. There is no alternative other than the older version of AWKCR. I detailed in my previous post how Vis-G incapacitates the pip-boy.

--------------------

"Damn, Bethesda screwed you hard.
They didn't use the same formIDs for ap_armor_Paint "Paint" [KYWD:0024A0FA], cc_ma_Pipboy [KYWD:0024A0B8], cc_ap_Pipboy_Texture "Material" [KYWD:0024A0B9], ma_WeaponMaterialSwaps [KYWD:0024A0D7], and ap_WeaponMaterial "No Material" [KYWD:0024A0D8], in Fallout4VR that they did in FO4."

Mismatched formID's are killer, and we've reached out to the Bethesda community Manager, Cartogriffi to see if something can be done about this.Until then, well, we have kind of gotten borked...

Edited by ntblood

I don't get it. AWKCR 7.4 and earlier work without "featuredItem popup CTDs". Why can't the new versions of AWKCR, which still crash, be compatible with VR when the earlier versions 7.4 and backwards still work?
Is there any news from the outreach to the Beth community manager that you mention?

Thank you

PS. There is no alternative other than the older version of AWKCR. I detailed in my previous post how Vis-G incapacitates the pip-boy.