Difference between FNIS and FNIS data?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

DaMiiTzexia

DaMiiTzexia

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 34 posts

Hello i recently got back into modding my skyrim SE and decided to use Vortex instead of NMM. I've run into a issue where Vortex says theres a conflict between FNIS and something called FNIS Data. which should be loaded first?

Attached Files

chanchan05

chanchan05

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

When running FNIS without a mod manager and straight from your Skyrim installation, it creates a folder in there that contains the FNIS data for animations. Basically the FNIS data folder contains all the FNIS stuff you patch. 

Lobbes2005

Lobbes2005

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Little late, but don't put the fnis in a load order. Just instal it on the dashboard.

rmm200

rmm200

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Little late, but don't put the fnis in a load order. Just instal it on the dashboard.

Have to say I disagree with this.

FNIS is installed as a mod to show you what version is installed.

The Dashboard does not install anything - it gives you a way to execute installed programs.

Make sure the Dashboard entry points to the copy of FNIS that Vortex installed in the game data directory.

eveakane

eveakane

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Also a little late, but none of you actually said what to do with it. Should the FNIS Data be loaded before, after, or should it be made dependent on the FNIS as a Requirement?

As in:

- FNIS Data

-- Requires FNIS

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 17,535 posts

Answered in the other FNIS, FNIS Data threads by the mod author "Fore"

https://forums.nexus...s#entry66884481

roguebite

roguebite

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

What if i tell you that fnis is not creating a fnis data for me, and that is problably the cause for the lack of moving block animations. Well nothin' better than posting on a 2-3 years old post.

rmm200

rmm200

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

At least once, bring up Vortex and click on Settings.

Turn Run Fnis on Deployment Event on.

You should get a FNIS Data for each profile you run.

MBurlingame

MBurlingame

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

What if i tell you that fnis is not creating a fnis data for me, and that is problably the cause for the lack of moving block animations. Well nothin' better than posting on a 2-3 years old post.

Go to your dashboard, if Fnis is there click the 3 dots and edit. if it is not there click the add. make sure the target is in the Skyrim Steam folder, if not point it to the skyrim data tools Fnis executable. I was having a simular problem because it was pointing to a location outside of the skyrimse folder.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.952 seconds