Mod Idea : A real good vampire mod (new mechanics and powers, balanced, immersive, etc...)

DypriX

IMPORTANT : This is a repost from a post that I just made here, on reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/9nogkt/mod_idea_a_real_good_vampire_mod_new_mechanics/. You can Upvote it if you agree with me, but also please give your ideas on reddit AND here. These idea need to be seen...

Hi.

If there is one thing that I really enjoy the most in Skyrim, it's the vampires, and especially the vampire lord. I love being a powerful supernatural creature, being evil, a wolf among the sheeps in this world. But, in the main game, I feel too...Limited. I decided to download some Vampires mods. I enjoyed some, but most of the time, there mods just add some overpowered powers that you can activate in One click, so much powers, really a lot, and not very Lore Friendly. After that, I didn't feel like a powerful supernatural creature, just a player with a tons of easy powers. But, there is one mod that particularly touch me : Dark Maneuvers. This mod add some new powers to the vampire lord, more lore friendly for me, Some that are linked together, other that I can use to make some combos, and even powers that are not just "spell like", than you can activate in one click, some the powers are more...subtle. Like the "create gargoyle" power/ritual. This is not just a simple power, this is a sort of ritual, and it could be useful in a lot of way, because you can really control your gargoyles. Guard, Transform in qtone, ... It's make me feel more than a real vampire lord. You just don't create gargoyle by conjure them, they are not limited in time, and they can do other things than just follow you and attack all your enemies.

I want to come to the point that this power and some others of this mod, even the mod itself represent for me how a good skyrim vampire mod should be : focused on feeling like a real surnatural beast, powerful, terrifying, but not overpowered with some powers easy to use and that don't really make sense for vampires (Explosion things, etc...). For example, the teleportation mower in "Better vampire" is too OP for me : I prefer the "Rush" from Dark Maneuvers, the Bat power, etc...

So, here is my idea :

Make a real vampire mod, with some real vampiric powers ( example, like night vision, feel the blood during a second (like in Sacrosanct if if I'm not mistaken), in Dark Maneuvers : Rush, Takeoff, Shadow Shield, create gargoyle, bite in combat, from the back, ...) more focused on "not easy used powers", more ritual like, like for the create gargoyle power in Dark Maneuvers. (I have also ideas about necromancy but i'll talk about it in another post. I will paste the link when it will be available.) and more focused on all new real vampire mechanics : Like, for example, in Sacrosanct (I'm not a fan of this mod because for me, vampire shouldn't use all this differents random powers and spells that feel more magics and overpowered than vampiric), there is a quest called "Blue Blood" that I particularly love, because it's more focused on an evolutive way to become more powerful, and it's very vampiric for me, same for the Drain ability to unlock spells (even if, once again, I think that these spells are more overpowered and magic than vampiric, but that's my idea). Vampire should have some surnatural and terrifying power, but they will really need to evolve to unlock them. We can easily imagine some way to unlock them, like beating a certain amount of people, making some rituals all over the world, defeat and consume some powerful other vampires to evolve, etc... We can also imagine that this rituals will need some corpses, and a certain amount of blood. For example of rituals, I think you should look at this awesome mod : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76918. And all the powers (even the powers for which you will need to make some prealable "rituals" or actions to use them (Like the "create gargoyle" power in Dark Maneuvers) will cost you some blood points (We can again easily imagine a blood point system). And all the actions like rituals or feeding on vampire(or most powerful mortals) will not just give you some active abilities, but also some passive abilities.

I had also ideas about thralls, like they will be under our control until they died, and follow all our orders. I was inspire (again) by the "create gargoyle" power in "Dark Maneuvers" and by the "Undead Servants" mod : We will be able to control thralls, and use them to make some actions (exactly like the Undead Servants, but maybe in an improved way. Like a mix of the "create gargoyle" and "Undead Servants" systems, for vampire's thralls. We can imagine that the number of thralls can depends of the vampire’s level of the player. A newborn vampire will be able to make and control not too many thralls while a powerful vampire lord with a great vampire’s level could control a village or even a town (that will make so much slaves and servants for a big castle haha.)

I hope that you all understand my ideas. Maybe it's more like a good mix with mods like "Sacrosanct", "Better Vampires", and especially "Dark Maneuvers", in a less overpowered and easy power way, but in a more vampiric way. There are a lot of things that we can imagine about making ritual, consume vampires, explore vampires ruins with rituals, etc... There are a lot of things to do here. But for me, the important things is to point the fact that vampires mods now are less vampiric, and to easy. There is so much things to do, so much things to improve. I think we have golds here guys. Please, give your ideas, feedback, but if you like my idea : share it. Share it to modders, mods and vampire lovers, and I hope that some great modders (maybe all the vampire mods's modders, who could say haha) will find it, and realize these dream. Modders, There are really something to do here. Please, why not think and work together, all together, to create the best awesome vampire mod in all skyrim. All these ideas were really mades in other mods, this is possible. These dream is possible. Please, don't let this dream die. Let's create the best vampiric mod.

Oh and I’m french, so sorry for my terrible English haha. Hope that I’m understable.

Maybe I should soon create a discord or something to build a community around this idea and maybe a future project if some modders are ready.

Ps : Oh and for the great creators of mods like Dark Maneuvers Undead Servants, etc… Please, update your mods to Skyrim Special Edition. We really need this awesome mods.

Edited by DypriX

• 2 weeks later...