Ungodly Frame rate drop in Diamond City Security Office

deadpool0600

So I have a pretty nice gaming laptop, I'm not going to go over specks but this thing runs fallout 4 great, normal lag in the city around Goodneighbor every now and then, wouldn't really call it an fram drop, more just stuttering a few times and back to it. But I've never had game stopping "Can't even turn around and leave" Lag before other than with one or two interior building mods. But never In a vanilla game location.

That was until today when for the first time in a year since I got the game, I want into the Diamond City Security Office. There isn't much to tell really, the game just shat itself, tore it's legs off, and started screaming as it dragged itself into it's already occupied and shallow grave, smacking ice cream out of kid's hands as it went.

I don't even know, there are no mods in there, I don't get this anywhere else, at all, ever. It took at least 30 seconds for the pause menu to show up, at that point I gave up and Ctrl-alt-del and signed out.

I don't get what is causing this. Is there anything in there particularly taxing? Maybe a few thousand NPC's in a firefight? Did Bethesda add a million spinning fan lights outside the cell or something? I really don't get it. I'm running the game ultra everything, not even any ENB's at the moment. I had never been in there and I figured It's worth a look.

Edited by deadpool0600

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...