DANGER: DO NOT INSTALL VORTEX IF YOUR C: DRIVE IS SMALL

dfalk57

If you keep all your mod data on a remote (non C: drive), Vortex will also install the mods to your C: drive under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming. If you have a small boot partition, this could fill up your boot drive and cause you no end of trouble.

If you attempt to change the Settings, the damn thing just crashes and restarts. I am going to do the only option that seems left to me, and that is to uninstall Vortex and go on a very long sabbatical away from gaming.

Thanks Nexus for screwing us over yet again with yet another mod manager that wasn't ready for release.

If you keep all your mod data on a remote (non C: drive), Vortex will also install the mods to your C: drive under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming. If you have a small boot partition, this could fill up your boot drive and cause you no end of trouble.

If you attempt to change the Settings, the damn thing just crashes and restarts. I am going to do the only option that seems left to me, and that is to uninstall Vortex and go on a very long sabbatical away from gaming.

Thanks Nexus for screwing us over yet again with yet another mod manager that wasn't ready for release.

-OR- you could've been cognizant of how computers work, and selected a different drive during the install.

I sometimes post drunk too.

You can change the directory where Vortex stores almost all of its data, what you actually need on C is around 1GB (including caches that accumulate over time) - half that if you use the custom location installer.

Also, no one forced you to use Vortex so how is Nexus scewing you over? We offer you a free mod manager, you choose whether to use it or not. You're not losing any options you had before this beta release.

The settings screen crashing is obviously not intended. What Windows version are you using? Could you try going to the extensions screen, disable the "Theme Switcher" extension, restart and then see if you can open settings?

You should be a genius perhaps by advising such thing or perhaps if you did not have a lot of space in your C: drive, why did you try to park an 18 wheels-truck in a car garage ?

Wrong. I am using a non-Windows HDD for Vortex. RTFM.

you have the option to not use the C drive at all. If you chose not to take that option, then how can that be the fault of Vortex?

No, it seems that we are forced to use the C: drive. I keep all my games on a D: drive and Vortex installs automatically on the C: drive with no option to install anywhere else. It did try to pull all the mods for several games to the C: which won't fit.

-OR- you could've been cognizant of how computers work, and selected a different drive during the install.

I would do that except that it doesn't offer an install choice. It just installs on the C: automatically. If there is an option to store (deploy?) the mods on a different drive, I don't know where that is. I also get a 'no deployment method available' notice, whatever that means. It does detect Skyrim SE, Fallout NV, and Fallout 4 on my D: drive correctly, but then says there are no games that are compatible with Vortex. Those tabs show Discovered (3) Supported (0). Then it asked me if I wanted to migrate the mods to Vortex from NMM, (apparently for the games it says are not compatible but in fact are) and it tried to copy all the files to the C: where they will not fit.

I had this issue as well, it wasn't very intuitive to get Vortex installed/running properly. I watched a couple vids on YouTube to get it straight. On the left side of Vortex menu under the settings tab you can change the MODS and DOWNLOAD location. I think that if you change those it will deploy to those locations.