F4SE Crashing to desktop

Lividpileofdirt

Hi

Short story (relevant);

I attempted to install a mod that needed F4SE a few hours ago, upon using it my game crashed to desktop (CTD) after a long loadscreen.

I saw this as a good time to do a fresh install of F4SE with the newest version (0.06.13), after about an hour of reinstalling the base game to make sure everything was clean I installed the newest F4SE using the normal steps.

Before I installed F4SE I ran F4 through the normal means with zero mods. No issues.

However, upon starting Fallout 4 using F4SE, either by shortcut or launcher, I get a long black loadscreen followed by a CTD.

I have zero mods right now, so i'm 100% convinced it's F4SE. I am using NMM 0.65.2.

I have:

Done a clean install (as seen above)

Run F4 and F4SE as an admin

Run F4SE with no mods OR plugins apart from the DLC.

I'm out of ideas at this point, I've never had this issue before

Thanks in advance!

Once again Bethesda has managed to screw everything up with their useless and nonsense updates. I basically was forced to update due to quest just no longer working as intended. I updated and then went to update F4SE and things just went downhill from there. The .exe for the F4SE installer was not there and doing it manually was even worse since it, for some reason, could not locate the FO4 exe. Not sure whats up but between Steam/Bethesda/SilverScript/Nexus but I am about done with all of this for awhile. Maybe it will eventually fix itself but for now its a mess.

Once again Bethesda has managed to screw everything up with their useless and nonsense updates. I basically was forced to update due to quest just no longer working as intended. I updated and then went to update F4SE and things just went downhill from there. The .exe for the F4SE installer was not there and doing it manually was even worse since it, for some reason, could not locate the FO4 exe. Not sure whats up but between Steam/Bethesda/SilverScript/Nexus but I am about done with all of this for awhile. Maybe it will eventually fix itself but for now its a mess.

Sorry to hear that. I have not updated and I won't. What you are saying confirms to me that Bethesda is doing something so we cannot play these games as we used to. They wanted us to quit playing and jump to FO76. Something is going on between Beth, Steam and Silver Scripts. It is not even a month ago when we had another update so, basically, we have had 2 updates in less than 6 weeks and they will continue doing so. They are desperate to succeed with their new toy so because they cannot convince us, they are bothering us with those updates because honestly, they are not necessary for the great majority except for those who signed with their CC.

If I can once again get it working properly this will be the last update I ever do. From some of the play video's of FO76 it looks fairly meh in my opinion. Just basically something thrown together to satisfy a small contingency of players who wanted and online multiplayer experience/gank fest. There are plenty of those out there already and quite honestly WV would have been a great followup to FO4 had it remained single player. I digress though since I won't bother with it anyway. Now if I can get this back to where it was. For some reason It fails to recognize some locations where files actually are though I finally got it to recognize the exe.file and its sort of running but refuses to locate transfer settlements and a couple of others. Took me most of the afternoon to sort most of the 200 plus mods out so far. Sort of takes out all the fun of playing. Back to it.

10/15 updated. Got it working fairly stable now. Unfortunately I lost all of my blueprints from transfer settlements... Put a lot of work into those but I think there is a mod to allow me to save them if I want to share them so will look into that to avoid this plight in the future.