So hum I have a huge idea to create a companion mod for Morrowind but I never modded in my life and have no experience with it so I was wondering if someone could help me create the mod. I'm almost done writing the starter quest for this argonian companion. I would really love some help for this. More details will be said once I find someone to work with. I would be the one creating the whole story with this companion and need someone to help me put it in the game and do all the scripting for me as i have no idea how it works. This will be a mod for Morrowind of course.

Edited by Krystel14

• 2 weeks later...

TBH I don't think you'll get any help with this kind of "you do all the work" request.

I'd suggest learning the CS and trying to do it all yourself. If you get stuck then a "I'm trying to do thing, here's what I'm doing, but it's not working" post is much more likely to work.

This is a good starting point: http://wiki.theassimilationlab.com/mmw/Main_Page

TBH I don't think you'll get any help with this kind of "you do all the work" request.

I'd suggest learning the CS and trying to do it all yourself. If you get stuck then a "I'm trying to do thing, here's what I'm doing, but it's not working" post is much more likely to work.

This is a good starting point: http://wiki.theassimilationlab.com/mmw/Main_Page

Hey i never said they'll do all the work, you know story and character are also important. It's the same as movies, the actors don't do all the work, a story was written, a set was made, costumes and more.

Let's all be nice - I suspect this is just a misunderstanding. I apologize for my part it it by my playful way of pointing to Grumpy's companion script. If you (Krystel) would follow the link I posted earlier you will find a choice between two different companion template mods. If you do not want to use the template, you can still copy the code from the companion script into your own project to create a fully-functional companion (provided you have the required expansion). Building your mod from the template means that the new dialogue topics already have responses created for them. If you take just the script remove the AddTopic lines so errors are not generated when the topics are not found. Both mods are well annotated so read about what each provides.

• 2 weeks later...

What i really need is a programmer. Here i'm the director, producer and writer in all this so my roles are just as important as any games ever made.

If you think you are the director then you can expect that no one here would take your rerquest serious and I mean it, every word of it.

Trust me, I know since I learned myself and all I did was to ask a question or two and the result is this mod.

Also, read this (I know my post was posted in the Skyrim forum, but the basics are pretty the same regardless what game one is modding for) and try to understand what I said to another member about what modding is all about. :smile: