Vortex doesn't work with Fallout 4.

ThermalTakeAorus

I found just manually installing mods to be easier, i have deleted vortex due to it being useless.

So, why are you in the support forum then?

Wait until you install a mod like Sands of Time, there's over 6,000 loose files in it.

Vortex works if you take the time to (like any software) to read the built in knowledge base/manual, and watch the tutorial videos.

Vortex is really powerful and warns you of mod conflicts and helps you to easily solve them, no more micro-managing your esps either.

this account was made in 2013

I like to get a feel for what other people are experiencing with the service.

I guess if 6000 files is hard for you to control then i can see why a program is good for some people

not if i can get the program to work, and when i did it just messed up again when i tried playing the game later.

I feel vortex is another multi function program that tries to be good at everything, but ends up being sub par at everything. nmm was excellent at its one job.

nmm was excellent at its one job.

Actually it wasn't

It allowed you to screw up your load order to be non-functional and it didn't tell you about it.

People think NMM was easy to use, it was only easy to use because it didn't do ANYTHING.

If you'd take the time to learn Vortex instead of complaining about it, you'd see how powerful it is.

So far, everybody who complains about Vortex hasn't even bothered to learn it, and just complain because they have to put some effort into learning it on their part.

NMM has spoiled people because it doesn't do anything, which makes it 'easy to use" so people expect the same of Vortex, and when they run into their first snag, instead of reading the knowledge base and watching a video tutorial or two (built IN) they instead just come to the forums, hijack other threads and complain about it, and ask for NMM back.

You can still download and use NMM.

Click on "Download Vortex" and scroll down the page and click the github link, because the old NMM doesn't work anymore

NMM-Vortex.jpg

• 4 months later...

Having issues as of today : Fallout 4 ain't starting. Didn't installed new mods or updated anything : it just won't start the game. Anyone else just got that issue ? (And yes, I rebooted and yada-yada. ;) )

Even tried the game from steam directly and working, weird, never had that issue before, thanks !

PS : can't try with any other games, since it's the only game I'm modding...

Having issues as of today : Fallout 4 ain't starting. Didn't installed new mods or updated anything : it just won't start the game. Anyone else just got that issue ? (And yes, I rebooted and yada-yada. :wink: )

Even tried the game from steam directly and working, weird, never had that issue before, thanks !

Start a new thread instead of hopping onto an old one. You'll probably get more help that way.

Thanks, but it's not a FSE issue : I'm missing on some awesome mods, but I've installed none which relies on F4SE, too bothersome to update everytimes (or wait for updates) when there's an update... but thanks ! :)

Having issues as of today : Fallout 4 ain't starting. Didn't installed new mods or updated anything : it just won't start the game. Anyone else just got that issue ? (And yes, I rebooted and yada-yada. :wink: )

Start a new thread instead of hopping onto an old one. You'll probably get more help that way.

Yeah, you're right : just did that ! I was looking for some post with similar issue... ;)