Hello and good morning.

lissahearn

I just realized that I don't believe I ever posted in the forums. Chatroom, sometimes, but not the forums. And its been... a while since I registered.

Er, so as I said: hello. I am a lifelong gamer who dove headfirst into modding PC games a while back. Not creating mods... I'm ashamed to say that my attempts to work with 3D models have been subpar. I can do textures fine but creating and posing the models is another thing entirely. The first game I modded I believe was Morrowind although it could had been KOTOR. Or maybe it was Minecraft? No, that was mostly custom maps my toying with the mods came a bit later...

Currently I'm redoing my modlist for Skyrim. Over 200 mods and I'm nowhere near done... It doesn't even include most of the graphical mods that change up the characters' textures and models or make the landscape easier on the eyes. Vortex is helping me keep the different lists straight. New Vegas is sitting on the wayside although I had a bit of a nasty shock while starting out with Who Vegas. I keep eyeing the Dragon Age mods but I want to experience the game for itself first even though it took me forever to decide to buy it. Didn't help that every time it was on sale I saw dozens of other games I wanted to play more for less.

I have a slight problem with staying focused on just one game at a time. I have a new save of Breath of the Wild with the DLC that's on hold because I found a cheap copy of Radiant Histora for the 3DS which in turn I paused to try out Adventure Time Because I Don't Know and its terrible which is a shame because I enjoyed Secret of the Nameless Kingdom. I Don't Know feels like they were originally going to make a roguelike but wanted to do an action-adventure dungeon crawler instead. With Android games its even worse between the actually good stuff and the things I've gotten on sale or were temporarily free to buy. I can only play Zen Koi for so long, Morphite is a good idea but the execution of a FPS on an android tablet leaves something to be desired, but Path to Luma is a nice free puzzle game. I blitzed through Unpuzzle even with all the ads, finally completed The Room series only to find out that there's a new fourth game that doesn't show up on my device's store, slowly making my way through the WitchSprings series, put Framed on hold, about to replay Layton Bros since I found the other mobile Layton game to be lacking (and refuse to buy the 3DS version since it keeps the eshop instead of having everything included in the price because why do you need to raise the game from $15 outside of sales to about $40 even with the roughly $30 worth of DLC being bundled in), struggling with finding the last few notes in the Faraway series, and to say nothing of my struggles with M-Box and I'm dreading its sequel. This doesn't include any of the games on PC that are just sitting around waiting for me to continue such as La Mulana, Mainlining, and Steins;Gate (I am struggling to get through the prologue as the protag is so chuuni it hurts but a friend swears it gets better). At least I was able to complete the Shadowrun games and Subsurface Circular but then I saw the Shadowrun UGC and its like I give up this is my life now.

I've regularly rattled off long mostly curated lists of games to friends based on their interests in the past and I've started to do so with mods as well. A friend likes to run mages? Here's a long list of mage armor, staves, some spell packs, and quests. Necromancer? Here's a few extra armor, a mask, and this one spell/quest that is amazing. Oh you want to run a paladin? Here's a few mods that will help change your game outside of just armor sets. Play an evil character or want a fall from grace? I remember this old Oblivion mod... its a bit late-game but it was totally worth it. Playing Fallout? You know there's a lot of really good original quests to help liven up your new run how about... Starbound? There's so many things that add more content but if you use this it will change the game extensively so use it only if you're sure.

I also get a bit chatty when nervous. Not sure why its not like I haven't spent about five years off-and-on lurking the site. [/sarcasm] I'm just going to hit post. Hope everyone's having a pleasant day and its nice to meet you even if I'm being an awkward nut.