[LE] Creation Kit issues with Elven races

lilybird111

I'm trying to create a custom race for my character so every other woman in Skyrim doesn't even up with the exact same body. I play a High Elf and I like the sharp facial features they have but when I make a new form from the High Elf or any of the Mer they end up with a human shaped head. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong and trying to look up this issue just brings up tutorials on how to make elves look human, which is not what I want.

If it helps any when I duplicated the High Elves again and paid attention to the warnings it said: "FACEGEN: Could not find (and apply) race morph 'HighElfRaceDUPLICATE001' in TRI file 'Actors/Character/Character Assets/MaleHeadRaces.tri' for geometry MaleHeadIMF"

This might be self-explanatory to some of y'all but I literally just started modding yesterday and don't understand anything. Do I need a certain program to be able to access whatever these "tri" files are? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Save yourself some headache. Use my Custom Player Body mod. It doesn't require a new race and you can set it up so that your player body is of a different shape. Heads are not supported due to the way that they are set up in the Creation Kit. So whatever body you pick for the player also needs to be compatible with the selected head for NPCs.

Yeah I went ahead and downloaded your mod. Thank you it's way better. Another question tho regarding Custom Player Body and outfits.
If I use UUNP bodies for both me and npcs (different presets) and I downloaded UUNP Vanilla Outfits Bodyslides how do I prevent the outfits conflicting with the two bodypresets? (I'm still new to this)

Whatever shape you make the outfits, that actor will take on that shape for the duration of wearing the outfit. So you may end up with NPCs using the player shape or vice versa depending upon how you do the outfits.

I would almost suggest planning on using mod gear for the player (that you can shape to the player) and adjust the stock stuff for the NPCs. You could also mix and match shapes I suppose. If you won't be wearing things like basic clothing, make those NPC shaped. If you plan on wearing specific armor, make those player shaped and ignore any NPCs wearing the same.