SKSE Not Working

Funkster289

Earlier today I installed the latest version of SKSE64 for the first time on my Skyrim Special Edition. I choose to install it manually as it is a simple installation. Then I started the game up for the first time and got the error message that SKSE either wasn't running or wasn't up to date. Following this happening several times I decided to check to see if I download the wrong file which ended up not to be the issue but rather the installation itself as the SKSE.GetVersionRelease command says it doesn't understand the SKSE reference. With this issue in mind I watch a new video for installation and replace all the files to get the same error as before. When it comes to trouble shooting methods like booting using the new SKSE launch file or using a mod manager, the error remands the same. Please help me troubleshoot this.

Assuming that your game is up to date on Steam and you are running SSE 1.5.53, you should have downloaded the file skse64_2_00_10.7z

This post was a surprise as I didn't know there was an update beyond SKSE 2.0.9.

2.0.9 is working fine for me with 1.5.53, so do you know what this update is for?

Thanks

Having reinstalled the new version I'm still getting the Not Running Properly alert. I'm sure I've missed something, but I've no idea what. I've got the SKSE scripts installed.

Edit: I'm deleting everything and reinstalling the game and mods from scratch. Don't trust myself to do it any other way.

Edited by bluntblade5

Having reinstalled the new version I'm still getting the Not Running Properly alert. I'm sure I've missed something, but I've no idea what. I've got the SKSE scripts installed.

Edit: I'm deleting everything and reinstalling the game and mods from scratch. Don't trust myself to do it any other way.

I know it's a silly thing, but are you setting SKSE to run as admin in the security tab? That fixes a lot of issues

I know it's a silly thing, but are you setting SKSE to run as admin in the security tab? That fixes a lot of issues

I'll be honest, I'd been running a modded skyrim for all of four days when the update hit. I can't really say for sure.