Mod Acronyms - WTF?

Demoonmunkay

FXAA: ???? (editor program?) *Skyrim*

AOF: ???? (Hair mod) *Skyrim*

VHH: ???? (animation) *Skyrim*

Here's info for these unknowns:

Here's a few more for the list:

And that's all for today. ;)

Edit: Added guess about what BAIN stands for.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KofN: Knights of the Nine, an Oblivion expansion pack

Sorry, I typed it wrong. It should be "KotN".

TSAG: Teals03 Stacked Against Gravity (Armor/Clothing) *Skyrim* --caution: massive breasts---

Good choice of warning label. :biggrin:

R18Pn 07: ???? (Torumekian Armor: nausicca of the valley of the wind) *Skyrim*

I've done some digging, and R18Pn seems to be the name of an Asian mod author. R18Pn may be the same person as KURESE, or KURESE may have ported some R18Pn's work; their names are often mentioned close to each other, and I haven't been able to determine the difference yet. Their work goes back at least as far as Oblivion.

And here's more terms:

Thanks again for keeping up the list!

KofN: Knights of the Nine, an Oblivion expansion pack

Sorry, I typed it wrong. It should be "KotN".

TSAG: Teals03 Stacked Against Gravity (Armor/Clothing) *Skyrim* --caution: massive breasts---

Good choice of warning label. :biggrin:

R18Pn 07: ???? (Torumekian Armor: nausicca of the valley of the wind) *Skyrim*

I've done some digging, and R18Pn seems to be the name of an Asian mod author. R18Pn may be the same person as KURESE, or KURESE may have ported some R18Pn's work; their names are often mentioned close to each other, and I haven't been able to determine the difference yet. Their work goes back at least as far as Oblivion.

And here's more terms:

Thanks again for keeping up the list!

Thanks for the corrections and additions. Now that I'm so used to skyrim, everytime i see an oblivion mod i keep thinking "man how did I not notice how ugly those faces were?" --- "Because at the time they weren't stupid"

..."Because at the time they weren't, Stupid."

Fixed that for ya'! :thumbsup:

(To paraphrase one of my all-time favourite lines from "The Emperor's New Groove", (one of the all-time underrated Disney movies));

That's a pretty crucial punctuation mark!"
:laugh:

This topic would make for a good WIKI article. :thumbsup:

As to CTD, (Crash To Desktop) it is becoming a catch all for any kind of crash by those who don't know what it really means. :whistling:

A CTD is one that happens with no warning - You are playing merrily along and are suddenly looking at the desktop. No error message or any reason given. And you can usually restart the game from your last save. These are far too common on Bethsoft games and have many causes. :rolleyes:

Its a start

Wow, I just keep finding more when I look at those older Oblivion body mods, 'cause they all seem to refer to each other. ;)

I haven't been able to find the source or definition of these terms, which I found on the Oblivion pages:

Anyone else know what those stand for?

This topic would make for a good WIKI article. :thumbsup:

Its a start

Thanks very much for doing this! I hope to do some work on that wiki article in the near future. Yay, reference materials and cross-linking! ... (Lolz at myself for being so excited by reference materials.)