Redirect to malicious website.

SingABrightSong

Hello. I connected to http://nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition at approximately 8 AM UTC-6 on October 16 2018 and was maliciously redirected to the following address.

hxxp://microsoft.com-us4-cot2.awards-for-our-lucky-visitors.pw/winip7en_win.html?isp=Cloudflare%20inc.&model=&108.162.246.20&cep=TgFtHL6b-Ovz0zUfsidmac_Ft88OcH6d6rTmuSD21eDk_mDGathm2_Swsb5ccd7w0WaYCVTZxRnCMHSSScm0c7ZnJNWmlue_DwqRULZBDoLDN5a-ojpQC8wGo-vx4SGFttceoj7QXv4GdexFz-NNBCWn48pLXw2mCqLB97aKLyctlidxh21AEtZFxpVdL1rKM7WQgiP8gnYEvr-UbWF3P4FrWtk9TQr0z_nQVZzOxvRe8_5JIgf1jSxfz9alCA0dNheHBrAzVk5qCzCF1f07ZxvI9UJRJo5lf3NuQMROCMc&siteid=pulsepoint_112284&sitedomain=nexusmods.com&page=&source=350&pub=pulsepoint_559903#b

A system scan with Malwarebytes returns clean, and I am located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The website I was redirected to displayed flashing colours, and played audio that claimed I had won an iPhone. This particular advertisement is in common enough rotation that I had been redirected to the same or a similar website earlier, though I cannot recall an exact date. I was unable to obtain a screenshot of the advertisement itself due to the rapidity of the redirect, but if needed I can provide a screenshot of the malicious website.

If any more information is needed, I shall see if I can provide it.

Thank you.

SingABrightSong

• 1 year later...