Vortex - Can I use it to manage already installed mods with NMM?

deltatrivial

Hey I wanted to ask if anyone knows whether you can use VORTEX to manage all the mods previously intalled using NMM or not;

since I wanted to give it a try but don't really feel like uninstalling and installing everything again.

Nor do I want to keep both managers installed for the "previous" and "new" mods.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

it has a facility to import from nmm. i used that recently when i transitioned from nmm to vortex. worked perfectly.

I did the import, then played around with vortex, reading a ton of stuff - looking for issues that people had and how those issues were resolved, and watched a couple of you tube videos. you need to familarise yourself with it because the ui is obviously quite different, but, all the data you need for your mods is there.

my advice to you would be this;

if you don't need to transition from nmm to vortex - then don't.

if you're starting a new play through - then that is a good time to do the conversion. that was when i did it.

read as much as you can on what you're doing and understand why you're doing it, and what you want to achieve.

I totally agree with you.

When I review the Vortex forum, I see a lot of users having problem with Vortex on things that are very easy to use and matter of fact, nothing is difficult in Vortex but the problem lies with them not reading / investigating enough before putting their hands in this new mod manager.

If they could only realize that reading / watching videos are its best friends before jumping to Vortex, they would not have such frustration handling a mod manager that is more reliable, easier and powerful than NMM.

Obviously they think that because they dealt with NMM or MO for a long time, they would not need any kind of reading/investigation or watching videos to handle the new mod manager. How wrong they have been !!

it has a facility to import from nmm. i used that recently when i transitioned from nmm to vortex. worked perfectly.

I did the import, then played around with vortex, reading a ton of stuff - looking for issues that people had and how those issues were resolved, and watched a couple of you tube videos. you need to familarise yourself with it because the ui is obviously quite different, but, all the data you need for your mods is there.

my advice to you would be this;

if you don't need to transition from nmm to vortex - then don't.

if you're starting a new play through - then that is a good time to do the conversion. that was when i did it.

read as much as you can on what you're doing and understand why you're doing it, and what you want to achieve.

Great! Thanks for the advice, I'll stick with NMM for now then and make the switch once I start a new playthrough. Have a great week!