Duplicate items in smithing menu

Doombringer00

Hello everyone!

Been modding for a while, but I am still pretty dense when it comes to troubleshooting issues. I would really appreciate any advise or help anyone could offer.

Whenever I start a game with this profile, there are multiple entries for each item in the smithing menu. For example, Iron dagger will be listed twice, with different textures and materials for each. I have tried googling this exact issue, but can't seem to find a similar problem or solution. Enemies don't drop multiples or anything, this just seems to affect crafting. My guess is that either Skyrim expanded weaponry, and/or Immersive armors and immersive weapons are failing to override the default game smithing, but I don't know why. I have created a bashed patch for the leveled list using guides I found online.

Is this bad? Will it cause problem in the future with different items being named the same thing? Should I just ignore this bug and continue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated in advance. Please see load order below. Also, LOOT put alternate start above ordinator, apocalypse, and patches. However, when I used SSEEdit to check for conflict losers with alternate start, i didn't see any. Should I change this, or just stick with loot order?

The cause: One or more mods are providing additional recipes to creating certain items.

This is not necessarily a bad thing. Perhaps a mod intended to give the player additional ways of crafting the same item? The downside of course is a very long list of craft-able items to sort through. I do not know which mod is doing this for you. I can suggest that you load all your plugins in TES5Edit, look at the COBJ records and see what mod(s) are adding a whole bunch of new records. That way at least you will know which mods to test and thus determine for yourself which you do or do not want.

• 1 year later...