You'll need to get a new app to open this nxm error

UberPlaysSkyrim

This question has been answered at least 20 times right here in th4 first page of the Vortex forums.

This is basic Mod Manager setup 101 that you also had to do wtih NMM

SETTINGS------------>DOWNLOAD-------------->HANDLE MOD MANAGER DOWNLOAD buttons on NexusMods .com

thanks, your information was very helpful unlike the beer ambassador

That WAS my information.

And back over a year ago when this post was necroed yesterday, the NXM topic had actually popped up at least 20 times on the very front page.

So wait, I'm confused, so, I was very helpful, but I wasn't very helpful?

• 6 months later...

So, question, why isn't the obscure tiny Handle switch in settings just toggled on upon installation?

I've been using Nexus Mod Manager and Vortex since Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and I've been using Vortex since release for Skyrim, and Fallout 4, and just today decided to go back and do an Oblivion run with mods, and this setting kept preventing downloads. Does having this switch on prevent newer file formats from being downloaded? Because I had been using NMM off the website prior just fine. And I'm almost certain I was using Vortex as well. Though my playthroughs are spaced out fairly far apart, so I can't say I download mods every month even.

So, question, why isn't the obscure tiny Handle switch in settings just toggled on upon installation?

I've been using Nexus Mod Manager and Vortex since Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and I've been using Vortex since release for Skyrim, and Fallout 4, and just today decided to go back and do an Oblivion run with mods, and this setting kept preventing downloads. Does having this switch on prevent newer file formats from being downloaded? Because I had been using NMM off the website prior just fine. And I'm almost certain I was using Vortex as well. Though my playthroughs are spaced out fairly far apart, so I can't say I download mods every month even.

Because if it was turned ON by Default, instead of a myriad of "You need a new app to open this NXM error" threads.

There would be a Myriad of "Vortex broke NMMs ability to download mods" threads.

• 6 months later...

This bit of the documentation explains it with a bit more detail and visual help: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Downloading_from_Nexus_Mods_with_Vortex

what f***ing dashboard are you on aboot

SETTINGS--------->DOWNLOAD----->Handle MOD MANAGER DOWNLOAD

All you had to do was read the other posts in the thread instead of just the very last one.

Vortex-NXM-Setting.jpg