Compatibility-ish issue with Sounds of Skyrim and Vivid Weathers.

Deleted43778007User

Greetings, I just recently got back into modding for Skyrim SE and have been using Vortex, LOOT and SSEEDIT for all my utility needs. Everything has been smooth sailing so far, despite having just been introduced to these programs. Anyways, I've noticed an issue in LOOT that may or may not be a compatibility issue. Whenever I enable SoS-Vivid Weathers Patch, and the Vivid Weathers SE - SoS Patch via Vortex, I restart LOOT and it tells me that I have two errors, both of them involving those two specific patches and they're marked as "Incompatible" When I go back to Vortex and disable those two patches, LOOT tells me that I should enable both of those patches for compatibility, and it seems like it's trapped in an endless loop of compatible/incompatible. I've tried using SSEEDIT to clean both of the mods, and have even uninstalled/reinstalled, but nothing seems to work. I'm thinking it may be an error with the load order, which I've tried changing around, but that also didn't work. What do you guys think?

Isn't one compatibility patch enough? If SoS SE is patched to be compatible with Vivid Weathers SE, why do you need an additional patch provided by Vivid Weathers SE to accomplish the same thing? Therein, I think, lies your incompatibility. Why don't you disable one patch or the other and see what happens.

I have both mods installed, but I use only the compatibility patch provided by SoS SE. Vortex, which uses LOOT internally, reports no problems, and my game runs well.

If you're new to Vortex, you may not know that Vortex uses LOOT internally to do its plugin sorting. You do not need to use LOOT externally to do your sorting. One big advantage of this arrangement is that it forces LOOT to respect whatever load order rules you establish with Vortex. Click on the following link for more information: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Do_I_need_LOOT.2FI_want_to_use_LOOT_for_sorting.2FIs_there_a_difference_between_LOOT_sorting_and_Vortex_sorting.3F

Same thing here ( as August Calidia ) ... I have Vivid Weathers and one patch and no issues.

However, in SkyrimSE, this mod needs to be cleaned via Xedit. If you do, make sure that you DO NOT undelete references. Only do the first two steps of the cleaning process : apply filter for cleaning and the second one ( do not remember exactly the name now ).

Go back to Vortex, exit it out and reopen it and you will see that this mod will not have the icon stating that it should be cleaned.

To second Augusta Calidia, Vortex auto-sort is the same than LOOT. Do not use both. Use only one of them. Personally, I use auto-sort in Vortex and LOOT and NMM are no longer sitting in my PC desktop. No issues at all here using the auto-sort and my games are running stable.

Hey guys, thanks for the comments, sorry I didn't reply sooner. Everything is still working great, I just wanted to clear some things up with SoS and Vidid with the patches, which actually makes a lot of sense. I guess having both patches enabled would cause errors, If they do the same thing, which sometimes isn't always the case. Also, I only keep LOOT around because it's a good program (IMO) for diagnosing problems regarding errors, missing patches, file cleaning, etc. I realize that Vortex has a lot of features, probably many that I have no knowledge of, but as stated before, I'm still fairly new to this. All I can say for certain is that my Skyrim SE is still running flawlessly and I have 120+ mods going. Cheers.

Hey guys, thanks for the comments, sorry I didn't reply sooner. Everything is still working great, I just wanted to clear some things up with SoS and Vidid with the patches, which actually makes a lot of sense. I guess having both patches enabled would cause errors, If they do the same thing, which sometimes isn't always the case. Also, I only keep LOOT around because it's a good program (IMO) for diagnosing problems regarding errors, missing patches, file cleaning, etc. I realize that Vortex has a lot of features, probably many that I have no knowledge of, but as stated before, I'm still fairly new to this. All I can say for certain is that my Skyrim SE is still running flawlessly and I have 120+ mods going. Cheers.

Awesome !! I am happy that you are not facing any problem. I am also running SkyrimSE with 105 mods and I have not had any issue.

If you prefer LOOT, that is fine and I understand your point. :cool: