Questions!

DerekDents

Nexus Mods on PC desktop, that's where i'd launch my Steam games from.

Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim/Syrim SSE

I just finished up setting my Skyrim mods perfectly for my purposes, now it doesn't open.

Does this have anything to do with Vortex?, do we need to subscribe for mods now?

Why won't my Skyrim game open?

Is Nexus mods obsolete?

Can i play the game i just set up?

Edited by DerekDents

We could use some more info on the issue. Are there any error messages you see when you attempt to launch the game? Does it happen immediately on start-up, does it take a few seconds to boot you off, or does it happen when you attempt to load a save?

I haven't used Vortex before, but it is a possibility that perhaps it has installed a mod improperly. No Mod Manager is perfect, issues can occur I suppose? For the second part, if you are asking if you need to download mods via Vortex now, no. You can download mods manually and install them that way if you were so inclined, just drag and drop them in your data folder, or if Vortex is like NMM, you can add the mods' .7z/.rar archives to your mod list from your local files, and let Vortex do it for you.

My gut instinct tells me this is an issue of a missing master file. You may have installed a mod that requires either the DLC, or another mod for it to work. Because that master file is missing, the game is crashing on start-up. If that is not the case, some new mods you added must have caused issues, or, you may need to verify your files and see what that does. The nuclear option, and perhaps your safest bet if you're in doubt: remove the mods, verify the files again (I do that anyway), then reinstall them bit by bit to see if you can isolate the issue.

I don't follow.

Something's gotta go it sounds like. You can play the game, you just need to start removing mods, and determine what's causing your problems.

This is the Nexus *site* "Feedback, suggestions and questions" forum. The entire topic belongs elsewhere.

Either completely outside the Nexus (if related to NMM, which is no longer supported here) or in the Vortex forums, (if you're using that as your mod manager) or in the appropriate Skyrim sub-forum (if it's just a matter of a specific mod or mods causing problems.)

So which is it?

Nexus Mods on PC desktop, that's where i'd launch my Steam games from.

Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim/Syrim SSE

I just finished up setting my Skyrim mods perfectly for my purposes, now it doesn't open.

Does this have anything to do with Vortex?, do we need to subscribe for mods now?

Why won't my Skyrim game open?

Is Nexus mods obsolete?

Can i play the game i just set up?

If you use SKSE and SKSE dependent mods, try use SKSE loader EXE.