Feature request

iensteni

Dear developers, why on Earth are we, upon seeing the "external changes" window, locked into only two options: either spend 1 hour rewriting one folder with the second one, or spend 1 hour rewriting the second folder with the first one? Why isn't there an option to not do anything? To not start rewriting the Data folder or the Mods one? I'm referring to the way Vortex handles SkyrimSE, by the way. After each and every deployment, Vortex detects external changes in every mod I have. I can deploy one mod, Save changes to all the mods, deploy the next one, and then save changes again! Why can't we just leave the Data and Mods folders as they are? i'm sure it is not a bad thing.

Simple answer: Because then you would end up in an invalid state which Vortex can't handle anymore.

The links are broken and mods cannot be deployed or undeployed anylonger. It's just not a state you want to be in.

What exactly do you want to achieve which cannot be done by either selecting Save or Revert?

Simple answer: Because then you would end up in an invalid state which Vortex can't handle anymore.

The links are broken and mods cannot be deployed or undeployed anylonger. It's just not a state you want to be in.

What exactly do you want to achieve which cannot be done by either selecting Save or Revert?

A minute ago I launched Vortex but forgot to set the deployment method to Hardlink because it changes to Movement everytime I launch it. I broke Skyrim again. I want this feature to be present to have at least SOME way of avoiding breaking my game if the devs won't fix this ****ing bug. The one where deployment method changes by itself.

I have been using Vortex for a month and it had broken Skyrim 4 times already. Screw this MM.

Edited by iensteni

A minute ago I launched Vortex but forgot to set the deployment method to Hardlink because it changes to Movement everytime I launch it. I broke Skyrim again. I want this feature to be present to have at least SOME way of avoiding breaking my game if the devs won't fix this ****ing bug. The one where deployment method changes by itself.

I have been using Vortex for a month and it had broken Skyrim 4 times already. Screw this MM.

Do you have your game and Vortex installed to the same drive?

As Greston said, skipping that dialog would make things worse.

I don't understand what justifies this kind of reaction: "if the devs won't fix this ****ing bug" ? Who says we're not fixing it? Thing is, I don't think we've even had a report about it yet (disclaimer: I don't have all reports in my head, this may be wrong info).

What Version of Vortex are you running? Would you mind trying 0.16.9? We have fixed a bug (I think it was before 0.16.8 but I could be wrong) that could cause the hardlink deployment to appear as unusable and that might have triggered it to switch to a different deployment.

This doesn't explain why and how your Skyrim is "broken" though. Are you sure it wasn't something that a purge followed by a deploy would have fixed?