[HELP] SkyUI Error Code 5 (Tried Everything)

D41V30N

Hi.. Sometimes you have to exit vortex and reenter it.. then try and look if all the mods and plugins are enabled.. sometimes vortex or a newly installed mod cause them to get disabled..! so you have to got to these Mods and enable them again.., same for plugins if any was disabled..! and in some extreme cases you do have to reinstall them.. Sky ui for example.. : ) P.s.: i think this error is cased by missing files or replaced files..! But when u reinstall Sky ui.., it will probably disable some plugins causing the problem.. for me was more than one.. : ) .. then it you choice i guess.. wish one u really want/need.. others may be disabled or deleted / uninstalled to see if it fixes thi prob.. : )

I'm still learning about modding too, so it's a learning process..! i may be wrong on some details, but if u don't try anything it will never be fixed, i guess.. : ) .. I reinstalled the game many times.. just to get to these "Small conclusions".. Lol..

Edited by eaglesky1968

Actually, what happens is that if you fail to complete the installation process, either by not enabling the mod (some mods require an explicit triggering of "enable", especially when they contain several plugins) or even then if you fail to deploy the mod changes after installation, it will not be reflected in gameplay.

In vortex, one can check status of recently "installed" mods by

1. opening vortex
  2. going to the mods tab
  3. then clicking on the "installation Time" column header so the most recent mods are listed first.

If a mod hasn't been installed (it might be downloaded but unless you watch that installation and respond to its prompts it won't be), you'll see a blue entry on the very left of the columns that say "never installed".

1. go all the way to the right (where the remove button is)
  2. click the little downarrow
  3. then choose install
  4. and follow the process until completion

I've done this in the past and continue to do it today on occasion, especially when I download a large mod and run to the bathroom or let the cat out or get a cup of coffee or whatever, come back and forget to handle things (the notices disappear automatically after a few minutes, leaving the mod uninstalled)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Actually, what happens is that if you fail to complete the installation process, either by not enabling the mod (some mods require an explicit triggering of "enable", especially when they contain several plugins) or even then if you fail to deploy the mod changes after installation, it will not be reflected in gameplay.

In vortex, one can check status of recently "installed" mods by

1. opening vortex
  2. going to the mods tab
  3. then clicking on the "installation Time" column header so the most recent mods are listed first.

If a mod hasn't been installed (it might be downloaded but unless you watch that installation and respond to its prompts it won't be), you'll see a blue entry on the very left of the columns that say "never installed".

1. go all the way to the right (where the remove button is)
  2. click the little downarrow
  3. then choose install
  4. and follow the process until completion

I've done this in the past and continue to do it today on occasion, especially when I download a large mod and run to the bathroom or let the cat out or get a cup of coffee or whatever, come back and forget to handle things (the notices disappear automatically after a few minutes, leaving the mod uninstalled)

THANKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUU so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I am using Mod Organizer and I am on Legendary Edition. I am having the SKYUI ERROR CODE 5 message popping up during or after using a workbench, providing I've consumed a blacksmith's potion. If I drink a blacksmith potion weird things start happening: no interact option for a while, force exiting workbench menu, and error message on top of that.

The message is about 'Incompatible menu file (inventorymenu.swf)'.

I have no such a file in DATA folder. I only have the one in SkyUI.bsa. So what should I do?

Edited by Skybroom

I am using Mod Organizer and I am on Legendary Edition. I am having the SKYUI ERROR CODE 5 message popping up during or after using a workbench, providing I've consumed a blacksmith's potion. If I drink a blacksmith potion weird things start happening: no interact option for a while, force exiting workbench menu, and error message on top of that.

The message is about 'Incompatible menu file (inventorymenu.swf)'.

I have no such a file in DATA folder. I only have the one in SkyUI.bsa. So what should I do?

with no malice intended, I'd start by visiting the correct technical support forum for your version of Skyrim. What works for SE isn't always the answer for LE and visa versa.

LE support forums >>>> https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/408-skyrim