Screwed up mod import, hard drive is full, unsure how to fix

PolillaBenG

The gist of the problem is this:

I have a C drive and a D drive with more space. I installed Vortex, I tried importing my mods from Nexus, and I understand that it duplicates the mods first.

My C drive got full quicker than I expected. I tried clearing up some data, uninstalling Vortex and reinstalling it on my D drive where there was more space for my files.

Problem is, it still kept copying to my C drive and now it's full.

I want to fix this myself, but now I don't know what file on my C drive Vortex made its changes to, and I'm unsure how to find it so I can clean out the changes to start over.

Edit:

Well, I figured out how to clear my Vortex files, but is there a way I can import my mods to my D drive? Even when I installed Vortex on that drive, it still copied my files to my C drive, so I'm not sure if the program will let me choose the directory.

Edited by PolillaBenG

Look at this thread : Missing Base Path

.... did you take some time to read procedures, threads and/or watching videos about Vortex ?

Let Vortex to install to its default place and if you do not have enough space, Vortex only take about 1gb to install.

The only thing you need to choose for yourself, is where to install your mods.

In my PC, Vortex is installed in : C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Vortex ..... SETTINGS ----MODS ( this is the DEFAULT path installation and my recommendation is NOT TO change it ).

... and my mods are installed in : C:\Users\myname\Documents\VORTEX DOWNLOADS ( this is the name of my folder and you need to create it and you can give it any name you want ) .... SETTINGS ----DOWNLOAD ( your mods will be downloaded into that folder. If you do not have enough space, Vortex has nothing to do with how you manage your disk storage. That is your job )

Vortex must be installed in the same disk where your game is installed.