Heavy Traffic ×

Open Community  ·  3 members

BattleTech

Some modding questions

KhanofGhostBear

Hello all,

I have been doing some light modding, and so far so good. I was really wanting to see about adding mechs into the game, not Clan stuff, the game isn't balanced for them so it would not work, but among others, I missed being able to level in my Crab, or have the Axeman, there was others too. I was also thinking of something completely new. I am just not sure where to start.

I was thinking for testing purposes I could make an additional variant of a existing mech to test with, but I am not sure how to add in a variant of something existing either, copy a file and rename it, and modify the innards, but to make it appear on missions and in stores so I can salvage it.

As for making new 3d assets, I would appreciate a link to free or inexpensive software I could learn on. I have been thinking about it for years just never doing it, but I have had lots, of what I think are great ideas, for several games for several years but only getting half there because I don't have the skill set for it, but I am thinking about fixing that as I cannot seem to keep my imagination in check.

Also, if there is a youtube tutorial for the tools that are recommend, or something of that basic gist, please link that as well.

Any info is welcome!