Vortex not opening links in Chrome appropriately.

devhead39

I have set up Vortex and within the 'Settings' > 'Downloads' menu, I have enabled the 'Handle Mod Manager Download buttons on NexusMods'. I have also closed Chrome and clicked the 'Fix Now' button next to 'Fix Nexus Mods links in Chrome'.

From this menu, if I click on the link to 'NexusMods.com' I get the hourglass for half a second and then no other result. Chrome does not open the link, and no error is reported.

From the 'Mods' menu, in the 'Actions' column, if I choose 'Open on Nexus Mods' for any of my installed mods, I get the same result. Approximately half a second of hourglass, and then no other result. I can also use the 'Check for Mod Updates' option and the list does display mods that need to be updated along with their version info, but if I click the Cloud icon to initiate an update, I get the same results.

Within Chrome, I am running an AdBlocker that is disabled on NexusMods, so this may be causing a conflict, but I do not know that for certain.

Hi,

To reiterate:

1. the "NexusMods.com" link in Settings > Downloads is not working for you.
  2. "Open on Nexus Mods" from the context menu on mods is not working for you.
  3. Clicking the cloud icon to initiate an update is not working for you.

1 and 2: If you double click on a mod in mod view to bring up the mod details panel, does the link that says "Visit on www.nexusmods.com" work?

3: this one is a bit different as it should just trigger a download of the update in question. If that is not working, do the "Download with Mod Manager" or "Download: Vortex" buttons on the site work for you?

Do you use any unusual extensions for chrome?

Thanks for the response! Yes, all those bullet points are correct.

1 and 2: The link in the 'Mod Details' panel behaves the same as all the other links so far. Visible "hourglass" thinking for half a second, then no other action.

3: I have so far had 100% success if I go to the website first and use the 'Vortex' link on a mod page to download. Enabling and Deploying the mods has been effortless and successful.

For Chrome extensions, I am using AdBlock Plus, Hangouts, and Google Drive extensions.