FO4 modders please...

daj554

I know people will flame me for this but I have to get this off my chest.

Lately the amount of sexy armor mods, stupid but funny mods and generally just mods that make the game fun have become less and less, Hell even some old mods have been removed.

Most of the mods we've been recently getting are just weapon mods (which is understandable given that FO4 revolves around weapons), new locations, retextures of weapons and the like.

I think I hope most will agree that we play our games to ESCAPE REALITY not to experience it. We already have our fair share of reality when we're away from the game. I'm not gonna stop anyone I can't even if I tried from playing a version of fallout that they enjoy because that's how they enjoy it and I will not get in the way of that but please accept the fact that other people want to have their own version of fun too, I'm not asking that we should stop creating realistic mods, weapons mods or whatever, in fact I want more of them, I'm just simply asking that we don't shy away from what makes gaming fun

I'll sound selfish for saying this but we need to bring back sexy armors, stupid but fun mods, retarded retextures of creature that makes people laugh.

Our talented armor modders have been so selfish with their armors to the point where they're preventing their mods to be converted to a different body or purposefully decreasing the poly count so that the armors wouldn't look appealing in body types others enjoy

Tl;dr: Where are our sexy mods? Where are our Shreck super mutants? Radscorpions that shout "get over here" a la Skorpion from MK? Mods that force preston to kill himself right from the start? WHERE ARE THE ATOMIC BEAUTY CONVERSIONS FOR ALL ARMOR MODS?

Edited by daj554

we need to bring back sexy armors, stupid but fun mods, retarded retextures of creature that makes people laugh.

Our talented armor modders have been so selfish with their armors to the point where they're preventing their mods to be converted to a different body or purposefully decreasing the poly count so that the armors wouldn't look appealing in body types others enjoy

Tl;dr: Where are our sexy mods? Where are our Shreck super mutants? Radscorpions that shout "get over here" a la Skorpion from MK? Mods that force preston to kill himself right from the start? WHERE ARE THE ATOMIC BEAUTY CONVERSIONS FOR ALL ARMOR MODS?

After reading how "WE" need to bring back sexy armors etc, I went to your profile page and found "YOU" haven't posted any mods, so, I'm not sure who this "WE" is you keep referring to, or who voted you to be THEIR spokesman.

Also, another thing I found was that you want all of this stuff for free, and have the audacity to call modders "selfish", and here you are, using a free account for the past 3 years, while demanding modders cater to your desires.

Man, that's like getting a free meal and asking for seconds.

A good percentage of modders got their start by wanting to see something in the game that they wanted, so they learned to mod.

Feel free to start learning.

The Creation Kit is free for you to download and start monkey around with it. There are several videos in YouTube about how to create a sexy armor and perhaps you can do your own and be done with it.

I can bet my head that if you ask experienced modders for help, they will give it to you but asking to them to do something for you, is off the chart.

And HadToRegister is very right when he pointed out about the "we". I personally think that we have enough sexy armors already; perhaps you need to try Fortaleza ( I use this one ) and there is another recent mod that is a suit with a zipper that looks very sexy. Or perhaps if you want something more agressive, go with nude mods and you can get them outside Nexus.

By the way, I have made my personal custom mods already because I love to learn. Like the song says : I can do what an another man can do !

DISCLAIMER : I spoke only for myself and please do not include me in your parade.

Weapon mods are plentiful because they are easier to make, compared to armor mods which require much more time to complete.

If you want something in the game, you can do it yourself. The CK is not hard to use, and you don't need to learn the entire thing to accomplish what you want.

New locations? I'd love to get more high-quality new locations. That means added play time, and not just screwing around with settlements and outfits.

Personally, I think we need those much more than we need the 9,314th sexy armor mod. Can't wait for one of the really big ones - Cascadia, Miami, etc. - to finally come out.

Weapon mods are plentiful because they are easier to make, compared to armor mods which require much more time to complete.

If you want something in the game, you can do it yourself. The CK is not hard to use, and you don't need to learn the entire thing to accomplish what you want.

^

|

This.

Create mods and be an inspiration to others.

Depends the type of weapon you are making, duplicating a weapon already in the CK and using vanilla animations yeah. But scratch building a weapon (with custom animations) is a lot more work than making scratch built armor.

I will only say one thing: diplomacy is good. Starting with complaining about what other people do for free and calling them selfish for not giving you what YOU want, well, that sets the tone to somewhat adversarial. And makes you sound like an entitled twit. Neither of which make anyone actually want to help you.

It also helps if you realize that you're not the yardstick of what everyone wants in a game. E.g., half-naked armours don't really do much for me. And it's not just about realism, but because it's not the kind of characters I play. My character concept is more like "elegant brain surgeon, giving out pro-bono lobotomies in .44 magnum, courtesy of Messrs Smith & Wesson, purveyors of fine brain-surgery equipment since 1852," NOT "cheap wasteland prostitute." Now I'm not going to tell anyone to not play the latter, mind you, but that's not what I play.

And, as was pointed out before, a lot of people are into this because of some itch THEY want to scratch. Well, at least that's how it works for me. The vast majority of the stuff I've done is stuff that I intended to use immediately myself. Which incidentally (at least for other games) meant more like weapons, because the existing weapons bothered me a lot. (*cough*Skyrim paddles*cough*) Or if you look at all the shadowed paints and such I made here, yeah, you can guess what kind of itch I had in FO4. But, anyway, if I don't intend to wear bikini on the battlefield, I don't have the incentive to make one.

But that brings us to a hopefully useful piece of advice: it usually helps if you can sell your idea in a way that makes people actually want that thing themselves, and at that, want it enough to put many many hours of unpaid work into that. Ask nicely, and try to present a fully fleshed idea. Vaguely requests are unlikely to get someone to think "damn, I want that. Lemme fire up ol' Blender." Mind you, most requests don't get made anyway, but you're IMHO increasing your chances if you request something specific rather than generally "something sexy."