Photo

Vertibird won't land. Help?

fallout4 fallout 4 vertibird unable to land signal grenade grenade vertibird signal vft

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

54yeggan

54yeggan

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

I'm having a major problem with my game currently.

Whenever I try to call in a Vertibird, all I get is "The vertibird will be unable to land at the requested location." no matter where I call it. It was previously working beforehand, now it's not working at all. And yes, I've tried throwing the signal grenade in an open and previously working areas.

Help?

SKK50

SKK50

Institutum delenda est

• Premium Member
  • 4,098 posts

Have you been kicked out of whoever faction you got the grenades from ?

Have you been scrapping stuff or laying new roads/pavement/grass/whatever so GetSafePosition() cant find good navmesh to land on. 

Have you been messing about with new settlement mods and buggered up location data.

Throw a grenade, open the console and type [ sqv VFT ] 

54yeggan

54yeggan

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Have you been kicked out of whoever faction you got the grenades from ?

Have you been scrapping stuff or laying new roads/pavement/grass/whatever so GetSafePosition() cant find good navmesh to land on. 

Have you been messing about with new settlement mods and buggered up location data.

Throw a grenade, open the console and type [ sqv VFT ] 

Hi, thanks for the response.

To answer your questions in order...

No, I have not been kicked out of the faction I got the grenades from (BoS in this case)

I've been only scrapping minor stuff, and at the time of trying I was in Nordhagen Beach, and throwing a 'nade at the sand previously worked here, as a bird would drop down and land on the beach no problem.

As for settlement mods: I'm not entirely sure. I'm using Homemaker at the moment, but never built anything major in this area. Just a generator and water purifier with a small shack - Plenty of room for the VBird to land.

I threw a grenade like you said and it said that the script was active, but I'm not exactly sure if there's a way to export the entire contents of the result.

Edited by 54yeggan, 22 October 2018 - 07:27 PM.

SKK50

SKK50

Institutum delenda est

• Premium Member
  • 4,098 posts

Get in fast before the message pops if possible and see if you can catch 

--------------- Quest State state: Running rather than Stopped

If Running, scroll up iand see if there are 8 digit reference ID for REF SmokeVFT or LOC SmokeLocationVFT

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fallout4, fallout 4, vertibird, unable to land, signal grenade, grenade, vertibird signal, vft

Page loaded in: 1.060 seconds