Project Nevada Hud Extensions error

Klinkle

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I've been looking everywhere for the answer for about five hours now.

I decided to try out Project Nevada today, and it worked when I first installed it, but then I exited the game and re-opened it and I get the error "There seems to be a problem with your Project nevada installation because the HUD extensions were not detected." Everything I found for it didn't work. I made sure I had the latest version of FOMM, NVSE, and New Vegas. I tried uninstalling Project Nevada and re-installing it, deleting the menus folder then re-installing Project Nevada, I even did a clean re-install of FNV. The clean re-install worked the first time I re-installed Project Nevada, but when I closed the game it did the same thing.

Also if anyone knows, I'm also having trouble with Bouncing Natural Breasts, my character has no nipples and blurry underwear. Yes I have archive invalidation on and tried turning it off and on again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

EDIT:

Ok, well I finally figured it out. if anyone else has this problem, this is my fix.

I downloaded Fallout New Vegas ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated, installed it, turned archive invalidation off then on in FOMM and they both work now. I'm not sure if you need to do all of that or if I just got lucky, but that's what I did.

Edited by Klinkle

• 8 months later...

I was almost at my wits' end trying to figure this out.

This is what I went through:

I freshly installed New Vegas today, let it patch through Steam and then immediately backed up the entire Data folder.

I installed a couple of mods, Darn's UI among them. Made sure to install the optional menu files provided with Project Nevada, too. Started new game - HUD extensions not found.

Made sure I had archive invalidation enabled in FOMM. Even installed ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated on top of that. Disabled and re-enabled AI in FOMM. Still no dice.

Deleted the entire Data folder and used the fresh backup I made (also deleted INI files and let the game re-create them). Installed only Project Nevada + Extra Options. Enabled only Fallout New Vegas.esm, Project Nevada Core.esm and Project Nevada Extra Options.esm. Same error.

I finally got it working by installing Project Nevada using FOMOD (I'd always preferred manual installation before). Haven't tried adding Darn's UI into the mix; I'll probably just leave it, seems like too much of a hassle.

FOMOD is the best way to install any mods (it's why we as modders suggest it above manual installation). The mod installation programs keep track of all files installed, any overwrites, etc so that if you decide you don't want the mod later, it's super simple to just remove it and everything is pretty much back to what it was. No hunting down thousands of files or reinstalling the game because you don't want a mod anymore.

• 8 months later...

I know this is an old topic, but I just uncovered a simple fix. Using FOMOD, change the load order of nevada to load first thing after the core game file. I had it in my load order behind gun runners' arsenal and the others. Now it's not a problem.

Hope it helps others coming looking for answers.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Started getting this error tonight a failed attempt to fixed my incorrect installation of Pelinor's Selective Fire mod (I only got the esm and forgot about the FOMOD). Not only did it not get fixed, I started getting the damn HUD extensions error, and every fix in here has no effect (I already installed with latest version of FOMM using the FOMOD, and coslidated the HUD with Unified HUD).

http://i.imgur.com/8ccroy2.png

Also a google search on either full sentence gets me nothing but fragmented results.

I can't seem to flippin' fix that even after reactivation of the SF mod and reactivation of unified HUD. I've even toggled archive invalidation off and on, to no avail.

I already nuked my previous install to start fresh for Tale of Two Wastelands, but it seems I may have to do it AGAIN just to fix non-sense.

Also, my load order for reference.

[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] Caliber.esm
[X] Fallout3.esm
[X] Anchorage.esm
[X] ThePitt.esm
[X] BrokenSteel.esm
[X] PointLookout.esm
[X] Zeta.esm
[X] TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
[X] TTWFixes.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
[X] Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
[X] The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
[X] The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
[X] AG Weapon Reload SFX.esp
[X] FlashlightNVSE.esp
[X] Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Honest.Hearts.Grunt.Patch.esp
[X] Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Leveled.Lists.esp
[X] Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Store.esp
[X] Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.CaliberX4+.Patch.esp
[X] TTW_AnchorageCustomization.esp
[X] TTW_XPReduction.esp
[X] TTW_SuperMutantRebalance.esp
[X] TTW_StashPackOptions.esp
[X] TTW_StartupMenu.esp
[X] TTW_OutcastTrading.esp
[X] TTW_NoKarmaDCFollowers.esp
[X] TTW_MoreCookingItems.esp
[X] TTW_Bobbleheads.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
[X] Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
[X] Project Nevada - TTW.esp
[X] Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.TTW.Replacers.esp

I'm gonna wipe the menus folder and reinstall all the mods that can be cosolidated by unified HUD, but if even that doesn't work, I'm going to completely nuke the install and start from scratch for the second time this week.

EDIT: Fixed the PN error, but now my MCM keeps saying it's broken, as seen here

http://i.imgur.com/Oi7bAEX.png

Edited by HashiriyaR32

• 4 months later...

I FIGURED IT OUT EVERYONE! First deactivate UIO or the unified hud project, and then deactivate the mod configuration menu. Now activate/install Project Nevada. Next activate UIO/UnifiedHudProject and The Mod configuration menu again. And finally toggle archive invalidation and check your load order.

Edited by lagennagen